Cheap NBA jerseys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I'm looking to buy either a Dwight Howard, Baron Davis, or Gilbert Arenas jersey but I can't bring myself to spend $50 on one. I'd be perfectly fine with a worn down one but I can only seem to find new ones on ebay. Any possibility of getting a jersey for under $30?

I'm looking to buy either a Dwight Howard, Baron Davis, or Gilbert Arenas jersey but I can't bring myself to spend $50 on one. I'd be perfectly fine with a worn down one but I can only seem to find new ones on ebay. Any possibility of getting a jersey for under $30?

I luckily found a Dwight Howard Jersey Replica at JCPenney around 2 weeks ago. It was on clearance for $20. They aren't on the website, but maybe worth checking your local store in the athletic wear dept.

[quote name='help1']I knew a guy who sold fakes on eBay. Watch out for that.[/quote]
I've noticed some of these I think. The description will say it's an authentic jersey with sewn on letters but the picture is clearly screen printed lettering. I've also noticed that most of the jersey's bidders have similar names. I'm thinking there's some feedback boosting going on.

[quote name='jbuck138']I luckily found a Dwight Howard Jersey Replica at JCPenney around 2 weeks ago. It was on clearance for $20. They aren't on the website, but maybe worth checking your local store in the athletic wear dept.[/quote]

Replicas are the cheapest quality of all the official jerseys so it should be that cheap. The ones mostly everybody buys are the Swingmans.

A lot of stores put jerseys on clearance once the season ends. There's only another 2 weeks or so left in the season, so check places like Champs sports once it's over. The last two years I've picked up a few for decent prices.

Replicas are the cheapest quality of all the official jerseys so it should be that cheap.
Replicas can't only be $20 regularly. That still sounds like a deal to me. I haven't bought an NBA jersey in over 10 years (when Champion was the official sponsor), but even their cheap replicas, with the plastic numbers and letters, were like $40.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Replicas can't only be $20 regularly. That still sounds like a deal to me. I haven't bought an NBA jersey in over 10 years (when Champion was the official sponsor), but even their cheap replicas, with the plastic numbers and letters, were like $40.[/quote]

They still are. I haven't seen any big name b-ball player jerseys for $20 anywhere, ever. I have seen horrible no namers for $5 and crap before, though.

Get the official Adidas Swingman replicas. They are retail for about 75, but you can find them on sale at sports/shoe stores, especially at malls. eBay does have their share of bootlegs, but I scored a legit Ginobili Swingman for about 40 shipped. There isn't exactly any permanent deals on these, you just have to be lucky or know where to look, really.

Swingman jerseys are great, stitched, high-quality replicas that are essentially the same as on-court wear. Only get those if you're looking for affordable, quality jerseys.

Obviously I'd rather have an authentic jersey but I'm fine with a screen printed replica jersey if it means I'll save money. I like wearing jerseys while I'm exercising or playing basketball anyway so I might as well beat up on a lower quality jersey.

What about soccer jerseys?I bought my Mexico National Team Jersey for around $65.I'd love to pick up Chelsea's and Barcelona's and a couple more if they were a bit cheaper.

It's been almost three years since I last bought an NBA jersey, but there should be three tiers of jerseys: the authentics that run about $200-250, the embroidered "swingman" jerseys that run about $60-90, and the screenprinted replicas that run about $30-40.

If you're going to actually play in the jersey (ironic that so few of us do) then I definitely concur that you should just buy a cheap replica. Even then, a deal for under $30 is tough to find and will probably come down to a YMMV deal with a clearance deal. As immortal fWd mentioned, season-end clearances at sporting good stores can have some amazing finds. I once found a Yao Ming swingman for $30 at Champs, and a Kobe Bryant swingman for $40 at Chick's.

[quote name='snakelda']What about soccer jerseys?I bought my Mexico National Team Jersey for around $65.I'd love to pick up Chelsea's and Barcelona's and a couple more if they were a bit cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It depends on whether or not you mind fake stuff on ebay. I remember getting my chelsea shevchenko (god I loved him on AC Milan) jersey on ebay for about $20. Pretty decent quality.

I bought a few on-line, got one from a guy on "ecrator.com" (I was skeptical at first...) but I got a Ray allen st. pattys day official jersery for 30 bucks!

[quote name='rapsodist']I once found a Yao Ming swingman for $30 at Champs[/quote]

Trade it to me, please.

So are swingman jerseys the one with the really cheap embroidery? I've seen some jerseys at Foot Locker where the letters are sewn on just enough so they don't fall off (the corners weren't sewn down).

Check thrift stores. I've scored an LT powder blue for $25 and a Miami Hurricanes #32 jersey for $4.50 (both screen printed). They still have a couple of jerseys, but in kids sizes :(. At one point the thrift store near me had GS Warriors and Cavaliers shootaround outfits for $50.

What about soccer jerseys?I bought my Mexico National Team Jersey for around $65.I'd love to pick up Chelsea's and Barcelona's and a couple more if they were a bit cheaper.

It's been almost three years since I last bought an NBA jersey, but there should be three tiers of jerseys: the authentics that run about $200-250, the embroidered "swingman" jerseys that run about $60-90, and the screenprinted replicas that run about $30-40.

If you're going to actually play in the jersey (ironic that so few of us do) then I definitely concur that you should just buy a cheap replica. Even then, a deal for under $30 is tough to find and will probably come down to a YMMV deal with a clearance deal. As immortal fWd mentioned, season-end clearances at sporting good stores can have some amazing finds. I once found a Yao Ming swingman for $30 at Champs, and a Kobe Bryant swingman for $40 at Chick's.

[quote name='snakelda']What about soccer jerseys?I bought my Mexico National Team Jersey for around $65.I'd love to pick up Chelsea's and Barcelona's and a couple more if they were a bit cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It depends on whether or not you mind fake stuff on ebay. I remember getting my chelsea shevchenko (god I loved him on AC Milan) jersey on ebay for about $20. Pretty decent quality.

I bought a few on-line, got one from a guy on "ecrator.com" (I was skeptical at first...) but I got a Ray allen st. pattys day official jersery for 30 bucks!

[quote name='rapsodist']I once found a Yao Ming swingman for $30 at Champs[/quote]

Trade it to me, please.

So are swingman jerseys the one with the really cheap embroidery? I've seen some jerseys at Foot Locker where the letters are sewn on just enough so they don't fall off (the corners weren't sewn down).

Check thrift stores. I've scored an LT powder blue for $25 and a Miami Hurricanes #32 jersey for $4.50 (both screen printed). They still have a couple of jerseys, but in kids sizes :(. At one point the thrift store near me had GS Warriors and Cavaliers shootaround outfits for $50.

[quote name='Porksta']Trade it to me, please.

Check thrift stores. I've scored an LT powder blue for $25 and a Miami Hurricanes #32 jersey for $4.50 (both screen printed). They still have a couple of jerseys, but in kids sizes :(. At one point the thrift store near me had GS Warriors and Cavaliers shootaround outfits for $50.[/quote]

Sorry, I'm not letting go of my Yao jersey. :)

All of my swingman jerseys are the Nike ones from a few years back. I don't know the quality of the current brand's swingmans but Nike was immaculate with their embroidery. The letters and numbers were similar enough to the authentics to all but the most critical eye. The mesh of the swingman was different from the authentic but the swingman was by no means cheap in look or durability.

B&M stores are probably your best bet. I got as sixers Iverson jersey from a Chaps, couple years ago, which was closing down for $20.

Yeah, I've got just a screen printed Yao. Now I'm looking for a Mutombo but I think I'll have to get it custom. I can't even find one in Houston.

[quote name='mofo1115']It depends on whether or not you mind fake stuff on ebay. I remember getting my chelsea shevchenko (god I loved him on AC Milan) jersey on ebay for about $20. Pretty decent quality.[/quote]I wouldn't mind being fake but not that it's really really bad fake.I think I'll go with that route.THanks!

Hi everyone ,
How are you ? thanks for reading this ad in advance . we are a sports jersey wholesaler in china , supplying all kinds of nba ,nfl mlb nhl ncaa and soccer jerseys. pls contact me for pics and stock list .

the price for soccer jerseys is $17per , $18 for nba ,$19 for nfl mlb ,$30 for nhl , any team, any player , moq : 10pcs ,shipping including .

we accept paypal ,sample order and dropshipping.
our jerseys are with double embroidered player name and number .
any interesting , pls email me or add my msn : doreenlin2 at yahoo doc com
good luck
doreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back