Cheap Netflix codes from ebay (scam)

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
I bought a couple 1 year Netflix gift card codes from this guy on ebay and used them up and they applied to my account and everything was golden. Until I checked my account again the next day and I see it shows I have no gift balance on my Netflix account. WTF I JUST APPLIED 2 YEARS WORTH.

So I contacted Netflix and what happens is these ebay clowns sell you the gift code and then they contact Netflix and Netflix for whatever stupid reason will allow them to invalidate the codes and issue them full refunds even if they've been applied to an account. So they get a refund for the code plus keep the money you paid them. Why the hell Netflix let's that happen (especially after the code is already used...) is beyond me but they do and people are taking advantage of that. 

So just wanted to share and give a heads up I guess.

Edit: I forgot, but if you have bought one of these make damn sure you have a gift balance showing up and are not actually getting charged the normal 7.99. I wouldn't have known if I wasn't paranoid and decided to check on it again.

Netflix didn't send me any notice or anything, they simply removed the gift balance and set my charges back to the normal payment method. after contacting Netflix about it they were nice enough to give me 2 months free so good on them for that, but it's still odd they let people do that and then don't notify about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate how people can do this nonsense. Did you report the guy you purchased the codes from?

Yeah filed a complaint with ebay a couple days ago right after it happened. Ebay removed his listings but not the seller himself. Ebay gives him until the 12th to respond to the complaints before they'll actually let me escalate the case and have customer service review it.

Of course he hasn't responded yet. He'll either do that on the last day or not at all. I'm not sure how it works with digital codes since I dont think they're supposed to be sold on ebay anyway. Hopefully they decide in my favor regardless and end up giving my money back. From the looks of it, I'm still covered by Ebays money back guarantee so I should be ok.

I'm not sure if I can file an ebay claim and file a dispute with paypal at the same time or not, so I haven't filed a paypal dispute yet.

I escalated both cases since the seller never responded (2 separate transactions since I bought 2 of the one year codes) this morning. One was decided in my favor and I was refunded. The other was decided in the seller's favor since my item did "not qualify for ebay buyer protection". That's funny since it shows on my purchase that it does qualify. Also reading their terms, it does. So I've appealed the case and somehow managed to not flip out at them. I'll see within 48 hours if they're going to overturn the decision and refund me...

Can you post a link to the seller?

You should probably also report him in the fraudulent sellers thread in the section above.

They refunded me for the other on the appeal. Ebay says he agreed to a refund (which isn't true) and that's why they hadn't refunded me. Whatever, I got my money back. Don't buy weird shit from low feedback sellers.

bread's done
Back