Cheap Norton or Mcafee

If you continue to pay for Anti-Virus software get ESET NOD32 as it is the best out there. Going the free route Avast is pretty good.

The only cheap ways I know to get it is if you know someone at a university that offers it. I highly recommend Avast or AVG if you are willing to try a free solution.

Both Norton and McAfee are frequently free after rebates when they go on sale at frys or other retailers. If you don't like dealing with rebates, you can always order from Amazon or newegg. You'll pay a lot less than $80. You don't have to reinstall the antivirus software; just type in the code on the cd envelope.

Norton Internet Security is free after rebates ($50 and $20) at Fry's here. Just like the guy above said, type in the registration code on the back of the CD sleeve and it should renew for the next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP, I don't want to see this turn into a Norton/Mcafee hate thread, but do this:

Uninstall (or try the best you can, might need Revo Uninstaller to completely kill it) Norton and try out Avast or Avira, two great free programs ( I use Avast myself) before paying for a new 1-year subscription.

Not only are the free ones good, but you'll more than likely see an improvement in overall speed, especially at times when it feels the need to do a complete scan when you're in the middle of something. If you still don't feel safe, then pay for your peace of mind.

bread's done
Back