Cheap Pokemon Games

DM7000

CAGiversary!
Hey everybody! I'm trying to find cheap pokemon games starting with the GBA era all the way to the DS. So any game from Ruby-Sapphire up to Diamond-Pearl and I guess that includes the remakes. Anyone got word about any of these going cheap in either B&M or online? Any help is appreciated.

I recently saw Pokemon Sapphire for $19.98 at Toys R Us.

I believe FireRed and LeafGreen are $9.97 at Sears.

So check those stores for starters.

Prior to the liquidation, you could get them pretty cheap at Circuit city. Might still be worth checking out.

If you have Gamefly, you could try to rent them and use the "keep it" option. I think R/S/E are like, 23 through them- if you have a 5 dollar coupon, it isn't too bad.

DO NOT buy them from eBay. I purchased all 5 from ebay at a low, but still reasonable price right after DP came out. All of them were bootlegs. They play just like the real games until it's time to transfer data.

After playing for a few hours in Red, I tried to trade some of my pokemon from Red to Diamond, and my copy of diamond identified the cart as a bootleg. Not only did it not accept my trade- it wiped out the bootlegs memory!

DIts ok to do it from e-bay just confirm if they are bootlegs or not, and just like o here r any other trading site make sure they have a good trader rating, I've bought pleanty of GBA games off of ebay with no issues.

I'm not saying eBay is all bad, I've had plenty of great experiences with their service- but Pokemon games are notoriously bootlegged. The guy that i bought them from had legit pictures posted and a rating of 1,000+. Upon opening the games, only 2 things were suspicious:

1) The carts for Ruby and Fire were the same type of plastic (In reality, Fire is more of a solid red-orange, while ruby is a dark red with glitter mixed in the plastic). I didn't know there was a difference, since I had never owned/seen the games prior to purchase. Upon further inspections, the serial numbers stamped in the backs of all the carts were the same.

2) The instruction manuals- the paper was very thin, and none of the 5 games came with myNintendo registration cards.

Luckly I was able to get eBay and Paypal to support me, and I got a refund, but it still sucked.

Check your local Target. Mine has Sapphire and Fire Red for $15 each. It will either be in the bargain section, or they'll have a rack of them where they put the guides.

bread's done
Back