Cheap Power Supply and hard drive

Abeja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
198 (100%)
Hey guys need a little help. I got my old PC but without a power supply and a hard drive.Specs are

AMD 3200+
LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D mobo
1GB of Corsair RAM (2x512)
Nvidia 7600GS

I have a $60 gift card from Newegg cause a power supply i bought crapped out on me. Im just putting this computer back together so my little brother can play Team Fortress 2. Its not gonna be used for anything else really. I was looking at this power supply

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...lies-_-17153023-L02D&PID=1312731&AID=10446076

IDk if thats overkill or what. I didnt want to go completely cheap on it and this one is a good price that gets cheaper with the rebate which i like.

Also need a small hard drive like 40GB. Ive seen some on Ebay for like $10. I dont have to get the HD from Newegg cause they are pretty expensive or refurbished. The hard drive I could do without cause I have a 60GB i could use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Power supply seems about right, maybe abit overkill but at least it'll be ready to up grade a bit if he wants. Plus I like Thermaltake PSUs, have had 2 over the past few years and no trouble from either. I would also go with the HDD you already have too. The market sucks right now for them because buying even a reliable but small capacity drive costs you a decent chunk of change.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Power supply seems about right, maybe abit overkill but at least it'll be ready to up grade a bit if he wants. Plus I like Thermaltake PSUs, have had 2 over the past few years and no trouble from either. I would also go with the HDD you already have too. The market sucks right now for them because buying even a reliable but small capacity drive costs you a decent chunk of change.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for ur input. Thermaltake was a name I recognized looking through the PSU on Newegg. The 20-30 dollars ones I couldn't tell if they were good or not and most have 4-5 in shipping making it about as much as the Thermaltake but no rebates li
ke the thermaltake. I think I'm gonna grab it. Ill hold off like u said on the hard drive cau
se the prices were really high for a hard drive that isn't a SSD

bread's done
Back