cheap ps2 controller

[quote name='vze21gwa']anyone know where i can find a new ps2 controller for cheap? my old one broke on me.[/QUOTE]

I saw a wired Pelican brand one for $10 at Wal-Mart today. Looked pretty nice, hope that helps.

^I doubt that. They are $20 almost everywhere I go. I'd recommend going to Buy.com and using GCO if you haven't already, that's how I got my Dual Shock for $10.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']most retail stores have BRAND NAME ps2 controllers for $10
they should be in a blue box[/quote]

I doubt it, They are 19.99 around here, and resell stores can't keep them in stock at $15.

Yes, I am looking for one too, preferably in red. PM me if you can help me out or know of a good deal. OFFICIAL SONY CONTROLLER. No cheapo brands.

Are you guys sure they weren't just generic kinds? Or maybe they were the non-rumbles? Cause that's a good YMMV deal otherwise.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I doubt it, They are 19.99 around here, and resell stores can't keep them in stock at $15.[/quote]that's true. i'm looking for first party because my experience with the others have been bad.

[quote name='willardhaven']All official PS2 controllers have rumble children.[/quote]

Actually, the other posters are right. It really shocked me too...Sony's releasing a non-rumble just analog controller that comes in a blue box. I saw it and I was just like...whaaa?

I have spotted this non-rumble Dual Shock at Wal-Mart. It's official and only $10. Pretty sweet deal if you don't mind losing the rumble.

I would pay up for Rumble. It really adds a great extension to a game. The only controller I will accept no rumble is on my WaveBirds.

I saw the blue boxed Sony official analog controller (sans rumble) for $10 at Walmart. YMMV of course.

talk up the managers at gs, dumb parents & company reps trade in brand new stuff all the time. sometimes they tear open the packaging but i recently got a sealed ps2 network adapter for the low used price of 14.99

I've seen the non-rumble Sony brand controllers at Target recently. They usually have them up there right next to the Dual Shock 2 controllers.

Oh and to whoever wanted a DS 2, they DO have sales on them every so often. Sears had one about a month or so ago, which I PM'd to Best Buy and used a RZ certificate($5) to get a controller for UNDER $12.

If you don't mind a used controller, every so often Gamestop's employees may mismark a first party DS2 as a third party controller for $7.99. That's how I picked up my spare controller. Most times, all they need is a good cleaning and they'll run 100%.

Oh and while the actual controllers may look a tad different, I found THIS listing on Amazon for the Analog non-DS controllers: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation2-...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1207128101&sr=8-26

Oh and BTW, Katana has released some officially licensed memory cards for the PS2 which are like those off-brand ones(Datel Max Memory)and they're larger than the standard PS2 size. I've seen them up to 64mb's as of now.

I've seen the ones at Target and they are not Sony controllers... they have the "licensed" sticker on them but they are Mad Catz or something.

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this.

bread's done
Back