Cheap Replacement Game Cases @ Blockbuster (YMMV)

mdmusick

CAGiversary!
I stopped by my local Blockbuster to check out their store closing sale... in addition to a couple of good game finds (Spidey WoS PS3 for $13, Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers Wii for $6) they had an entire rack full of blank first-party cases for Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 and PS2 priced at 5 for $1. Some were obviously heavily used and had stickers/defects on the packaging, but I was able to round up a good number of cases in excellent condition. Compared to some of the online prices I've seen for replacement first-party cases, this price is a steal.

This particular Blockbuster store is in Dallas on Mockingbird/Skillman. Definitely worth checking out if you're looking to replace the cases on some older/used games in your collection.

The one closing in my town had then all on a table. Unfortunately there was only 1 XBOX case. The rest were either DVD or their crappy rental cases. :(

[quote name='The 7th Number']Good to know since it seems games are now coming with those bad cases with holes in them to save money...errr i mean the environment.[/QUOTE]

The environment :D

I'll keep my eye out I guess, dont remember seeing them when I went a few days ago. Always useful, could keep a few spare 360 cases and Wii for when I need them. Thanks OP

Yeah, this probably just depends on clearance. Also, I would suggest waiting it out if you can. My closing blockbuster has cases down to 10 for $1. Most of them are the crappy blockbuster cases, but if you sift through you can find some good ones, and plenty of retail game cases. Not bad to get 30 cases for $3.

Might have to check mine out, but i did just win an auction for 25 PS3 game cases and art inserts for $13.50 with free shipping. 360 and Wii cases arent so hard to find since Nintendo sells cases and 360 always has pre-order and promo cases.

The blockbusters near me will generally give me a handful of cases for 360 or Wii if I ask, because they have a ton extra. You might try asking nicely the next time you are in one...

[quote name='sprintfinanceguy']The blockbusters near me will generally give me a handful of cases for 360 or Wii if I ask, because they have a ton extra. You might try asking nicely the next time you are in one...[/QUOTE]

I've tried asking nicely in 4 out of the 8 around me. None had any to sell/give me. Then again I'm only looking for ps3 cases. However, when I buy a used game in a generic BBV case, they'll usually let me trade it for a Ps3 case on the display shelves.

bread's done
Back