Cheap Sidekick 2?

[quote name='magictoilet']do you already have service? If you do it might be a little bit harder, if not I guess it would be a lot easier to find.[/QUOTE]
Yes I already have a contract, started last November

[quote name='WebScud']You get $50 for every year you extend your T-Mobile contract.[/QUOTE]
Don't plan on staying with T-Mobile after my contract ends, I can't get no reception at my area

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Yes I already have a contract, started last November

Don't plan on staying with T-Mobile after my contract ends, I can't get no reception at my area[/QUOTE]

Then I wouldnt waste money on the sidekick as you can only use it on Tmo. YOu may be able to unlock it and use the phone on another carrier, but to connect to the danger servers for internet, you have to use tmo.

Tmo does sell them for prepaid, dont know how much they are, though.

edit-looks like its $279 after rebate for the prepaid sidekick package, so ebay may be your best bet.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Damn that looks cool! Guess I should wait for this instead! Any ideas on how much it would cost?[/QUOTE]

No idea. I'm guessing $299-399.

[quote name='WebScud']No idea. I'm guessing $299-399.[/QUOTE]
If I can get the SK3 for around $100-$200 with a new plan then I'll be sticking with TMO, but until it's that price, I'm going back to Cingular.

There aren't a lot of functional differences between the sidekick 1 and 2, from what I recall. I think memory was the main difference. I have been using the original color sidekick for a few years and have no intention of getting # 2. To me it's not worth an "upgrade." If you haven't already looked at sidekick 1, I'd suggest checking out prices for that version along with prices for # 2. T-Mobile offers monthly service for both.

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']There aren't a lot of functional differences between the sidekick 1 and 2, from what I recall. I think memory was the main difference. I have been using the original color sidekick for a few years and have no intention of getting # 2. To me it's not worth an "upgrade." If you haven't already looked at sidekick 1, I'd suggest checking out prices for that version along with prices for # 2. T-Mobile offers monthly service for both.[/QUOTE]
1 has no camera, 2 has a camera

To me these days, a phone with a camera is a neccessary thing

bread's done
Back