Cheap TV on Black Friday

blackbird3216

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
With Black friday coming up, i was wondering if there were any decent tv deals that support at least 720p, and preferably 42in. If there is, i'd also jump on some hd gear, like the $99 hd-dvd player. Thanks

[quote name='fuzz']6ms response time is shitty![/QUOTE]
i'll take that as a "this tv sucks!". Considering how low response time/framerate is supposed to make you motion sick, and i am experienceing motion sickness while playing FPS, i don't think i shoud buy that tv...

[quote name='blackbird3216']i'll take that as a "this tv sucks!". Considering how low response time/framerate is supposed to make you motion sick, and i am experienceing motion sickness while playing FPS, i don't think i shoud buy that tv...[/quote]
Don't listen to fuzz, he doesn't know what he's talking about. 6ms is fine, one of my LCD TVs is 8ms and i've never experienced any ghosting on it whatsoever, I even have an older PC LCD panel that's 12 ms and I've never experienced ghosting on it either. 6ms is just fine.

However if you're getting a 720p TV I wouldn't get it over 37 inches. Above that the pixels are just too big and the picture doesnt look very sharp unless you sit pretty far away from the TV.

[quote name='roymustang']Don't listen to fuzz, he doesn't know what he's talking about. 6ms is fine, one of my LCD TVs is 8ms and i've never experienced any ghosting on it whatsoever, I even have an older PC LCD panel that's 12 ms and I've never experienced ghosting on it either. 6ms is just fine.

However if you're getting a 720p TV I wouldn't get it over 37 inches. Above that the pixels are just too big and the picture doesnt look very sharp unless you sit pretty far away from the TV.[/QUOTE]
yeah, that's why i said at least 720p. So 1080 would be preferable. (thanks for the info, i just found out lower ms is better)

bread's done
Back