Cheap Used family video games ME 29.99 pgr4 19.99 - B&M (YMMV)

gareman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Can we please get an "official" thread on this. Every time I go to Family Video B&M they have some really awesome deals on used games.

The darkness 16.99
PGR 4 19.99
Mass Effect 29.99

and a bunch of others...all like at least 10 dollars cheaper than anywhere else.

[quote name='gareman']Can we please get an "official" thread on this. Every time I go to Family Video B&M they have some really awesome deals on used games.

The darkness 16.99
PGR 4 19.99
Mass Effect 29.99

and a bunch of others...all like at least 10 dollars cheaper than anywhere else.[/quote]

I made a thread a few weeks ago and it dropped into oblivion. The trouble is not all Family Videos sell off their old games, making it YMMV. These kind of deal thread typically disappear within days, so an official thread is pretty pointless.

The thread I made, I listed (all 360) Simpsons 29.99, Stranglehold 19.99, Hour of Victory 19.99 in addition to what you've mentioned.

[quote name='spotty']What is Family Video B&M can you give a link please?[/QUOTE]

Family Video is a rental franchise, pretty much nationwide. B&M refers to Brick and Mortar, meaning the actual store, not the website.

Mass Effect is a Family video game?

"Gather around, children, let's watch brutal violence and lesbians fucking!"

Anyways, my Family Video never has any deals half that good. Man, I'd pick up ME in a second for $30.

Dirt $29.99
Orange Box $29.99
Skate $39.99

All YMMV, as the store gets rid of "extra" copies, however the computer defines it (usually going from 3 or more copies of a game down to 1).

[quote name='sp00ge']I made a thread a few weeks ago and it dropped into oblivion. The trouble is not all Family Videos sell off their old games, making it YMMV. These kind of deal thread typically disappear within days, so an official thread is pretty pointless.

The thread I made, I listed (all 360) Simpsons 29.99, Stranglehold 19.99, Hour of Victory 19.99 in addition to what you've mentioned.

Family Video is a rental franchise, pretty much nationwide. B&M refers to Brick and Mortar, meaning the actual store, not the website.[/quote]

I understand your point. But I mean out of the 3 or so Family Videos in my area all them sell used games, and my friend in Peoria says 2 stores in his area do the same. It seems a lot more useful than say Target. Which it seems only about 50% of the games are consistently clearanced, and only about 5-10% ever have the same prices at more than a handful of stores.

While I understand that used sales are YMMV, at least they seem to have consistent prices.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Mass Effect is a Family video game?

"Gather around, children, let's watch brutal violence and lesbians fucking!"
[/QUOTE]

The Family Videos around here are not exactly appropriately named. They're the only video stores in town that have an "adult" section for video rentals.

Family Video is privately owned by the same family that created the stores in the 1970s. This may be a contributing factor to the "Family" name.

On topic now, an official thread would be a good idea since the store is getting ready to clearance last gen games (XBOX, GC, PS2) in order to save shelf space for this gen.

[quote name='greatscot']The Family Videos around here are not exactly appropriately named. They're the only video stores in town that have an "adult" section for video rentals.[/quote]

Same here, "Family" Video is the only place around me with the good stuff as well. One just opened up about 2 min from my work. I went in and the guy gives me the tour but neglects to mention the good section. I was wandering around the store and noticed a hidden section over by the bathroom and jackpot.

The place actually has some good deals going.

I picked up The Orange Box (360) a couple weeks ago at $30. It sort of odd how they label the sale games at my store. They just put a sticker on the rental display case and you bring that up to the counter. Only a few titles were on clearance. I can recall The Darkness (360), NBA Street Homecourt (360) and Hour of Victory (360) for $19.99 each.

Going to check the place out tonight for some sub-$30.00 Mass Effect!

yeah a thread like this is great, I used to run in there and check on new used games going down in price but I got lazy. nice to hear Orange Box is at $30, might consider that

bread's done
Back