Cheap Video Cards

Kromis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
If you guys know where I can find a good AND cheap video card, please post it. I currently have an ATI All-In-Wonder 8500DV 64MB and an AGP motherboard. Sorry, but I don't want to buy used stuff.

Cheap is about...~$120 or below. Like if a 6600GT is on sale for like $120 at a B&M store, then alert me! Yeah, something like that. Also, make sure the card is AGP :(

I am currently playing CS:S, DOD:S, and BF2 on my current card and its somewhat bad but still playable.

I don't really like pricewatch because they don't include some e-tailers.

Good luck trying it out at Fry's. I went a few days ago and was sorely dissappointed. Too expensive and selection was to laugh at. Also the store i went to didnt have any OEM's either.

I'm in the same situation as you and have a thread asking for agp too. I found a few that might be worth looking but im gonna wait till i see a discount or something.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=201644041&adid=17662
6600 with 256mb not a GT
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...ore_Code=M&Product_Code=190979&AFFIL=hhd&NR=1
X00 pro that is 156.

Both are pretty good but i really want something as good as 6600gt or cheaper than 120 or so. Guess i gotta wait till a deal.

Lol, I don't think a 6600 can push all that memory...its just a damn marketing scheme to make the uneducated buyer think that larger numbers mean more appealing.

Hmm....that X800Pro looks good.

Normally at Fry's, I buy it, try it at home, and then I return it within 14 days. They accept it back. Very very efficient way of choosing the right card.

Yeah i noticed the 6600 can't push all that memory with 128 mb of memory.
I might go get that x800pro but i would rather buy temporary card right now and save up for new computer in few months.

Fry's is too expensive in my opinion. I might wait till i see a good deal at fatwallet. Like they had posting of Compusa selling 6600gt for 100. I might get 9600 Xt for 70 or so and just save the rest of the money for nice PCI-E card.

Lol, B&M stores are usually expensive. Fry's is just completely insane when it comes to pricing. I mean, a few months ago, they used to sell an 6600GT for $250!!!! With a $20 rebate...

Nuts...just nuts...

Yeah thats nuts. Agp is just getting to expensive and will continue down that path since card makers are stop making them.
Now im wondering maybe i shouldve waited till the 939 came out instead of getting 745 chipset for a Amd processor. I wouldve saved alot of money by just switching the motherboard and a new video card.

Try Directron.com or Mwave.com. You can get a pretty damned decent card in that price range (I'm personally fond of XFX and PNY cards myself).

[quote name='Skylander7']Try Directron.com or Mwave.com. You can get a pretty damned decent card in that price range (I'm personally fond of XFX and PNY cards myself).[/QUOTE]

evga or sapphire is the way to go... check fatwallet for cheap cards.

Yes, I know its cheap there but I want something that is cheaper than normal, like during a sale or something. If any if you guys see a card that is cheaper than normal (e.g. a 7600GT that costs $159.99 WITHOUT rebate, tell me!), tell me! BTW, I'm using AGP if you guys forgot already.

Just make sure you check on fatwallet.com everyday on their hotdeals.

I think im gonna go buy 9800 pro 256mb card if i can get it cheap enough. its pretty much like 6600gt.

Im getting 9800 Pro with 256 mbs.

Oh i found a AIW 800xt for $150 or was it 125 i forget but is listed in San Francisco. I would buy it but its like 2 hr drive. Gas prices are to expensive to go that far.

LOL, hell yeah! Oil is a commodity!

I think it goes like this for ATI, though I'm not going to include XTX because only one card has that (from best to worst): XT, XL, PRO, Vanilla, SE

NVIDIA: GTX, GT, GS, Vanilla, LE, NU

Damn, an AIW X800 for $150?! That's pretty good, I guess. But I'm not really interested in AIW, since I don't really do much with video on my computer.

bread's done
Back