Cheap XBox 360 titles

UCLAevo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
i replied to a thread in the 'request a game' section, but thought it may be more appropriate here.

with the 25% coupon + 10% edge, i was considering a few bargain games. a few of them are launch titles, so, i'm trying to take their game review ratings with a grain of salt. for less than $8 used, are these really worth it in this day and age (3 years later)?

perfect dark zero
ridge racer 6
pgr3
graw 1
nfs: carbon ($10 new)

another thing to consider is that i already have these games in the same genres -

FPS:
GoW
halo 3 (backlog)
darkness (backlog)
prey (backlog)
stranglehold (backlog)
splinter cell: da (backlog)
farcry (backlog)

Racing:
Forza 2

yeah, i just got a bunch of recent clearance games to start a backlog stack.

there's also a few hot new games (GoW 2, Grid) in those genres too. so, is perfect dark zero, ridge racer, pgr 3, graw still worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
PDZ is not that fun IMHO, but if you find the limited ed. I say go for it.
The only one on that list I see that you might want to look into is GRAW.
I haven't played it personally, but I hear nothing, but good things about it.

Viva Pinata is a great game and is pretty cheap these days. Perfect Dark Zero is ok, specially for the price. I had fun with it and still do occasionally. Not sure how the online is anymore. Last month I played it online, there were still people playing it. The single player is pretty boring and the co-op splitscreen ain't that much better.

i got vp from target for $4 with that coupon, so i'm set for that (even though i really don't like it - i think it's better as a pc game than console, because i can multitask easier with mouse/keyboard).

i was thinking about pdz, because it reminds me of goldeneye, and that was a killer game. i was thinking about graw, because it looks cool and has lots of options and variety in gamplay. i was thinking about rr6, pgr3, nfs:carbon, because i'm a big car guy (even though i like the gt and forza style sims better). do those preferences help any of your advice?

I really liked Ridge Racer and G.R.A.W., but other then those I say stay away from the others you mentioned.

-GRAW is a very good game best on your list!
-PDZ was fun online when there was nothing else out but Quake, now it'll prolly suck and SP sucked..
-never played the racing games Forza 2 probably is good enough although Ridge Racer is an arcadey racer and could be fun.

Cheap suggestions

-Condemned is really cheap now and fun, the 1st one.. 2nd is like $18 used, just got it haven't played yet.
-NFS: Most Wanted dirt cheap and very fun cop chases and just good old school NFS magic.
-DEAD RISING one of the best games on the system..
-Kameo was pretty fun at launch no idea how it held up but it's like $10 everywhere..
-Saints Row was pretty fun and cheap now
I missed alot but good enough was thinkin of cheapos.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='$hady']-GRAW is a very good game best on your list!
-PDZ was fun online when there was nothing else out but Quake, now it'll prolly suck and SP sucked..

Cheap suggestions

-Kameo was pretty fun at launch no idea how it held up but it's like $10 everywhere..
[/QUOTE]
PDZ single player sucked hard, i agree. it was an exercise in frustration. a couple of months ago, there were playing online (dont know about now), but i think there are better online offerings than pdz.

i just finished kameo today. blocky/ugly at times, but solid gameplay. i had trouble with the controls sometimes, just a tad weird, but it was a decent game.

How much is Far Cry going for? I've seen previews for FC2 and would like to play the first one first. Is the 360 one called Far Cry Instincts Predator? Is it any good?

personally don't play Prey.. it is a piece of dog shit..

id go with PGR 3 .. you really can't go wrong with racers IMO.. its not a bad game

GRAW isn't that bad.. but its not for me.. and shoot for the price it'll be worth it.

[quote name='UCLAevo']bamajeep, far cry instincts predator is on TRU clearance for $4 new.[/quote]

Thanks, I picked up the last one today. Good thing they still had it locked up behind the counter.

graw is good. worth $8 easily imo. when i play pdz its with my son as its one of the very few (if only) fps on the 360 that has bots so we can play together and not deal with people online.

PDZ sucks IMO, I just got it a few months ago and stopped within 20 minutes. GRAW and PGR3 are the only other games I have on that list, both are worth it

Get Condemned! It was awesome. But make sure to play at night with the lights off or the game won't be as good.

bread's done
Back