Cheap Xbox Controllers B&M?

karmapolice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
For some reason my controller will randomly act like its not plugged in (is plugged in but the screen will come up that says "please reconnect controller...") Is anyone having a clearance on them or if stores still sell original xbox controllers? I havent looked recently but everyone seems to be doing away with all xbox stuff.

Yeah sorry to inconvenience you...(even though Im sure you saw it on the front page) I just woke up, and was playing some Jade Empire and it started occuring.

However I dont believe the sears around me carry video games, atleast not since the n64 was still kickin.

Try Radio Shack too. I stopped by one the other day and they still carried a number of third party brands for $10. I had a "Titan" brand Xbox conrtoller for a while that was well made. Lasted until I chucked it into a wall. :roll:

Target might be another option, as I still occasionally see MS Xbox controllers there. Most of the time, it's the Logitech wireless controllers that I see at Target, so that might be another option.

[quote name='shrike4242']Target might be another option, as I still occasionally see MS Xbox controllers there. Most of the time, it's the Logitech wireless controllers that I see at Target, so that might be another option.[/quote]
I would definitely recommend the Logitech wireless. Anytime I break out the old Xbox, that's the controller I use.

does any other store have cheap wireless controller s? i dont care what brand. Best buy and CC havent had jack for a long while

[quote name='dracula']does any other store have cheap wireless controller s? i dont care what brand. Best buy and CC havent had jack for a long while[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind GS brand, check your local stores.

For some reason, lately people have been needed xbox controllers, Im not exagerating when my last 3 trips or so to GS, someone will ask for an original xbox controller, and this has been at different stores too. Of course, MS brand is all sold out but then the GS employee shows family X their own brand, its the only type left so they pick it up.

sheesh i was there over the weekend to look for dvds and didnt even think to look for the last generation xbox accessories.

Two of mine are doing that as well, saying they're not plugged in when they are. They just started doing this a few months ago. I found a Mad Catz one for $1 used at a Flea Market though and it works perfectly.

[quote name='Link927']If you dont mind GS brand, check your local stores.

For some reason, lately people have been needed xbox controllers, Im not exagerating when my last 3 trips or so to GS, someone will ask for an original xbox controller, and this has been at different stores too. Of course, MS brand is all sold out but then the GS employee shows family X their own brand, its the only type left so they pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Probably because they stopped manufacturing them too early. Years after PS2 came out you could still find PS1 official memory cards and controllers for sale new. Now, other than Sears I have yet to see any place selling official controllers. I have 2 sealed as backups when my current ones break because I know they will be impossible to find in a few months or years.

Thanks for all your input. I will try at target for the logitech.

I have a couple third party controllers but they just dont have the precision of the 1st party. Trying to aim in Half Life 2 is buggy as is without using a clucky third party.

Ive heard the micro madkatz are pretty solid, thoughts?

[quote name='karmapolice']Thanks for all your input. I will try at target for the logitech.

I have a couple third party controllers but they just dont have the precision of the 1st party. Trying to aim in Half Life 2 is buggy as is without using a clucky third party.

Ive heard the micro madkatz are pretty solid, thoughts?[/quote]

That's the one I got for a $1. It works fine for me. Of course it's not quite as good as a first party controller but if you get it for a cheap price it gets the job done well. I've had no problems with it so far, and mine was used to boot.

My Sears got 5 MS brand S-controllers out of the blue this week!!! I purchased 4 green controllers for $10.XX each, it should have been $5.XX but this Sears is kinda weird. There was one black one but I left it on the shelf because it was $19.XX. There was some other stuff showing up all of a sudden. Like logitech PSP cases and other crappy third party stuff.

Thanks for all the advice. I went to local EB and they didnt have any micro's and they only had used MS ones for 20 so I passed. Ill just have to keep using my color changing pelican controller... god it gets annoying.

[quote name='karmapolice']For some reason my controller will randomly act like its not plugged in (is plugged in but the screen will come up that says "please reconnect controller...")[/quote]

I have one that did that with the used Xbox I bought. Might want to check the connectors where the cable can break away. I checked mine and it looks like the connectors had trouble staying connected(thus making it seem like the controller was not plugged in).

Might want to check Wal-Mart, some that I've went to had bins of wireless Xbox controllers for $14.

Xbox controllers are pieces of shit. I've had to replace a lot of them. For a quick/cheap fix just find the angle or whatever that keeps the controller connected and tape it in place. Like for most of my/friends controller I would either wrap the cord around the controller once either backward or forwards and tape it in place and that would work. For another one I had to have the cord straight so I taped a pen to it.

bread's done
Back