Cheap xbox live headset?

Superstar

CAGiversary!
Yeah, mine has been broken for awhile. It's time to get a new one. I need one as cheap as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

not the mad cats one. i got the plantronics one available at gamestop for 19.99 and that worked out fine for me, until in broke and i just went and bought the xbox one.

Go with the $5 Mad Catz Headcom headset. I don't know why everyone keeps bashing this thing. I used it for a year and loved it. When you're wearing it, it doesn't even feel like anything is hooked onto your ear. Sounds allot clearer than the official Xbox headset too.

The thing is I don't think they even make it anymore, so your best bet at getting one is ordering from someplace online. I've checked every store that sells video game accessories within 15 miles from me and nobody had it.

Mad Catz now sells a Headcom Pro for $10-$15, but it's big and clunky and is the complete opposite of everything I liked about the original HeadCom.

[quote name='norkusa']Go with the $5 Mad Catz headset. I don't know why everyone keeps bashing this thing. I used it for a year and loved it. When you're wearing it, it doesn't even feel like anything is hooked onto your ear. Sounds allot clearer than the official Xbox headset too.

The thing is I don't think they even make it anymore, so your best bet at getting one is ordering from someplace online. I've checked every store that sells video game accessories within 15 miles from me and nobody had it.[/QUOTE]

ugh, seriously? i hate it man, its horrible. there is crazy echo and it made me feel i had an ear infection. plus there is no noise reduction.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']ugh, seriously? i hate it man, its horrible. there is crazy echo and it made me feel i had an ear infection. plus there is no noise reduction.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. I just switched to the offical Xbox headset after I broke my Mad Catz headcom and I hate it. The headset constantly shifts around whenever I lean my head back against anything. Sound is so much worse on it too. I was playing with my brother on Live when I first got it and I couldn't even recognize his voice because he sounded so different. Don't know what this echo you are talking about is. Maybe it was just a problem with your headcom because mine sounded fine.

I'd love to get another one of these headcoms. If anyone wants to sell me their old one, I'd buy it.

Are there any 3rd party headsets that come with the pack that inserts into the controller?

You looking for a new one or a barely used one? I have one that came from a Starter Kit and I used it about 5 times for a 2-month trial and its been in storage ever since. It comes w/ everything and in almost brand new condition. I don't play xbox much...about 3 times a month. Looking at $15 shipped First Class w/ DC. Let me know if you're interested.

bread's done
Back