CheapAss ESPN NFL2K5 League?

2 questions:

1) Will we play out pre-season games? I think we should to tune our skills.

2) Do we have to play all of our games on Sunday? I usually work on Sundays and this is why I ask.

I'll join I'd like the Steelers or the Redskins...whichever is open. Fair warning though that I'll lose everygame cuz I'm not very good and especially on the all-pro setting.

Tag= JMax71382

You guys better watch out for Matt X. He's been playing NFL 2K3 and NFL Fever 2003. Old school is what he's doing. :p

I probaly won't be able to get the game for a couple days now since I couldn't get the game today. Now I wish I had preordered. :(

I'm in, but I won't have the game until this weekend. I want the Cardinals (yeah, they suck, but I'm from AZ, and I tend to only play as the AZ teams on sports games).
gamertag: SECONDCOM1NG

yeah boys- this is going to be dope- if your worried about not preordering and not getting it today- dont worry - i preordered and didnt get it, so at least for one more eve ill be online hockey dominent.

The league probably won't start until their is a roster update around the time of the actual NFL preseason. We'll just do some tournaments and such between now and then. I'm gonna try and play everyone in the league to see who all seems they're into it.

If the preseason is actually built into league play we'll do it that way, but I'm not sure if it is or not.

We won't be playing just on Sundays, but we'll aim to mainly play on the weekend. That's mainly between the two opponents for the week though.

Here is the current team list.

AFC

South
Colts - Tecumseh!

East
Bills - EddieBelfour
Dolphins - guyver2077
Jets - WildWop
Patriots - Johnny Postman

North
Steelers - Duo_Maxwell
Ravens - mmn
Bengals - Ultimate Matt X
Browns - Mr Wahoo (A friend of mine, not on here.)

West
Raiders - whiteboy
Chiefs - manofpeace20
Broncos - KingDox
Chargers - chev317

NFC

South
Panthers - Ichabod
Bucs - zewone
Saints - seebelow
Falcons - rvdrock

East
Eagles - dserafin1986
Cowboys - sj41

North
Bears - flybrione
Vikings - hertzy
Lions - mick16
Packers - Derwood43

West
Seahawks - merkman
Rams - gomer1andonly
49ers - rayleeb2
Cardinals - scsg75

loserboy as you can see the Bears are already picked and Derwood43 the same goes for your buddy using the 49ers. Here are the available teams:

Titans
Texans
Redskins
Jaquars
Giants

Also, could everyone add me to your Friends List, if I try to add everyone I'm sure I'll get lost and I figure for those that don't add me its a way for me to see who isn't on the ball.

For those that may be interested when the league fills up let me know and if someone drops we'll add ya. I think what I'm going to do is attempt to play as many people as I can myself and try to get you guys to meet each other too over the next few weeks. If someone can't meet at least one of us once they're probably not committed, unless its a problem with not having the game.

i may check out the jags- instead of the bills. ill let you know though and i will add you asap. whats the gamer tag again?

i have a few questions about the league.

1) How do we officially join the league? do we enter our info on some site?
How does the process work?

2) How do we trade players? do we set it up through live chat? Please explain.

obviously ive never played in an online league so any other info i should know would be greatly appreciated.

i kind of checked it out, im not sure how it works, but you choose how often to play the games, in intervals of 1 to 7 days or something. not sure of the trading works, like i said, but i imagine there is some kind of trading block. and im sure trades can also be worked out here too.

[quote name='norsewheelman']Im in.
Gamertag: Kid Blast 19[/quote]What team do you want? I think 3 are left.

Texans - killermike3706
Redskins - TheUnsane1

loserboy, below are the teams that are left. Since you've had trouble getting a team pick your favorite. Everyone else let him go for one first. Also, you may be able to get the Bills if EddieBelfour doesn't want them and he can take the Jags.

Titans
Jaquars
Giants

Ultimate Matt X, is my gamertag. As far as trades and everything I'm not sure. I think you do it in the game, but can also check it out through the website online. I may have to allow trades within the league as the GM, but I'm not sure.

I just read an article about ESPN football 2K5 and it the whole league is suppose to stay on the xbox and without the use of the computer so I think that trading is one of the options in the game. I'll have to get the game tomorrow.

Okay, I'm gonna freeze people taking teams right now.

There are currently three teams left and there are two people working on getting their team and someone else I've contacted. I'll let everyone know when the league is full or if a team is still open.

If you're one of the people I've PMed or talked to on here, just go ahead and let me know which team you want, which I think applies to loserboy and Derwood's buddy.

Well, this is a no brainer...my order of preference for the remaining teams is as follows:

1) Titans
2) Jaguars
3) Giants...

Again, I'm willing to take any team...so lay it on me baby. By the way, has anyone had trouble connecting to ANY ONLINE GAME AT ALL on the xbox version. Spent an hour trying to play a friend of mine last night, couldn't even get the game connected. I'd accept his invite, he'd accept mine....no matter what we did we could not actually start a game.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Okay, I'm gonna freeze people taking teams right now.

There are currently three teams left and there are two people working on getting their team and someone else I've contacted. I'll let everyone know when the league is full or if a team is still open.

If you're one of the people I've PMed or talked to on here, just go ahead and let me know which team you want, which I think applies to loserboy and Derwood's buddy.[/quote]

I would love to be in...I'll take whatever team is left.

Sorry but TAKE my name off. I asked for Texans, but didn't realize this is for XBOX, I thought PS2. Sorry. I REPEAT TAKE MY NAME OFF.

[quote name='killermike3706']Sorry but TAKE my name off. I asked for Texans, but didn't realize this is for XBOX, I thought PS2. Sorry. I REPEAT TAKE MY NAME OFF.[/quote]

It's in the XBOX FORUM genius.

Titans - loserboy

The teams below are available for Derwood's friend and dennis t. The league is pretty much closed since I'm trying to do something with whatever team is left. Dennis we'll let the other guy pick first since he asked and I'll update you guys know on here.

anyone up for a game?

I just got totally cheesed by Steve-O offline. Lameness. Onsides kicking in the first quarter...

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Hopefully I'll actually get to stay in the league. If I can't connect to an actual game anytime soon it may not turn out so well.[/quote]

You having trouble "challenging" ? I try to challenge people with full green ping, and it just sits there...

It may be a technical problem with XBL, seems as the game just came out. If multiple people are experiencing it, I'd just try later, I'm sure it will work eventually. I can't try as I'm not getting the game until Saturday.

I read somewhere there might be a problem if you have a VIP saved on your hard drive...you delete it and then you can suddenly play online...I"m going to try it and I'll let you know because I've had a ton of problems connecting...

Well, I was playing offline and I got this green envelope thingie on my screen and no matter what I did I couldn't figure out what to do. I thought it might mean someone was inviting me to an Xbox Live game, but I saw no options to join a game or see who was inviting me.

This is weird. :(

So has the league started yet or have all the online problems kept whoever is running it from creating the league?

Just sent an invite out to Ultimate Matt X to be added to your Friends list to make it easier to add me to the league. Team is the Lions.

Played the game last night and it is way better, especially how you can actually tackle somebody when you dive at them and they don't just brush off your tackles.

XBox Gamertag: RedWingsFan01

How in the heck am I going to beat Matt X at this game when he's playing at 12:00 on a Thursday and I'm stuck at work all day?

[quote name='mick16']How in the heck am I going to beat Matt X at this game when he's playing at 12:00 on a Thursday and I'm stuck at work all day?[/quote]I was saying earlier how Matt X has been playing nothing but football the past week.

Well I'm gonna add Matt X to the friends list to make the league setup easier...then I'm gonna see if I can actually connect to an online game today or if I'll waste another hour or two just trying like yesterday. (gtag = JMax71382)

bread's done
Back