Cheapass MP3 Player?

dowlichr

CAGiversary!
Im looking for a cheap-ass mp3 player. Would like around a gig or maybe even 512mb if its really cheap. Anyways let me know any good deals you know of on a decent mp3 player.

I actually have had this MP3 Player for 2 years now. It's awesome,it can update it's firmware, records sound,holds 512MB songs, and has an excellent FM radio. It can switch songs super fast. I bought it for $70 back when they were expensive. But you can get a brand new one for $30, or a refurbished one for $15 both shipped. It comes in 1GB,2GB,and 4Gb forms also. Cba to give you those links too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000BONJXU/ref=dp_olp_2/002-1173985-2458448

I second the sandisk sansa, you can get a refurb from buy.com for 14.99 shipped, which is what I just bought. Its an excellent player and with my order from buy.com I got the full package of accessories even though you weren't really supposed to get them. BTW the refurb units are just like new, no scratches or anything and they work fine.

i have a sandisk sansa express - 1 gig, small, good sound, expandable micro sd slot, fm tuner, voice recorder, 15 hr battery - $40 shipped at bestbuy.

thanks, Im not really sure what Im gonna get yet but ill post when I do finally get one. hey sleepykyng I like that Sheed pic. He might be doin his best bubb rubb impression tho woo! wooo!

[quote name='SaraAB']I second the sandisk sansa, you can get a refurb from buy.com for 14.99 shipped, which is what I just bought. Its an excellent player and with my order from buy.com I got the full package of accessories even though you weren't really supposed to get them. BTW the refurb units are just like new, no scratches or anything and they work fine.[/quote]

My sister has the Sansa m240 1GB version and it's been very reliable. If you haven't seen it in person, there is a bulge under all the fakeout shallow angles they show on websites. It's not flat. Still small.

The rounded belly bump where the single AAA battery goes is a big selling point for those who refuse to be tied down to proprietary batteries that will eventually need to be replaced by their respective manufacturers. No usb/computer to tie you down when it loses power. AAA's are aplenty in many flavors.

Amazon had this new for $34.99 not too long ago, but is currently $35.95 as of 9/26. Here's the direct link:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-M240-Player-Silver/dp/B000BP50AY/

OP. what's your definition of cheap? Price range? "Cheap" can be easily had, but it might be crap.

A throwaway like the RCA emusic1 from CC is $14.99 for 512MB -- no FM radio, but powered by one AAA. Can be plugged directly into usb without an additional mini usb cable like the Sansa m240 if you care about that.

sansas are pretty damn good. ive got a 1gb one that has a slot for mini sd cards so its basically a 2gb player. been thinking about getting a sansa that does video too. its odd that theyre so cheap but they do so much i especially dig the fact they have fm radio.

Lol, it's amazing how everyone here has a Sansa :D Yeah, I forgot to tell you guys about the one AAA battery,which is a HUGE plus. My Sansa lasts about 9-12 hours of playing time, I can't really tell since I lose track of time xD

I bought a Sandisk Sansa 1GB c240 from tigerdirect.com (doesn't look like they carry it anymore). It seems to be a pretty good MP3 player, has the micro SD expansion slot and an FM tuner. Only problem I ran into was for some reason the factory sealed package was missing the headphones and the all important USB CABLE.

bread's done
Back