Cheapass printer ink?

cletus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm sure everyone knows just how badly customers get screwed when they need to buy more ink for their printers. I went to Target the other day and they were selling my type of cartridge for $26. I could probably buy a whole new printer for twice that price!

Anyone know of a site that sells replacement cartridges for cheap? Alternatively, are there stores or products I can find that will refill the ink?

I'm got a Epson too and Target didn't have a ink refill kit for that particular brand. I'm not really sure what a cartridge world is so I don't know how I would find one. I can look in my phonebook if you know the name.

I bought a generic and received a non-working cartridge (Ebay). Last time I did that.

Kinko's (of all places) has been clearancing some out here in the Midwest. Also, CompUSA will give you a "business discount" if you can indeed prove that you have a business, etc.

I called a few business supply stores around here and found ink refill kits at Staples for about $12. That's a lot better then buying a new cartridge. Thanks for the help though guys.

I bought some here last time based on an older post I saw at either FW or anandtech:

http://www.private.abacus24-7.com/home.aspx?

Just recently starting using it in my Canon IP4000 and it has been working fine so far. I read that generic ink often messes up Epson printers though, but I do not know that from experience. I personally hate Epson printers after my last printer went FUBAR and wasted over $60 of name brand ink. any, hope the above link helps someone.

[quote name='kube00']Try a cartidge world, ususally they can refill your ink cartidges dirt cheap[/quote]How dirt cheap?

as stated - abcink. they havegreat customer service and cheap prices, plus coupons every now and then if you google for them. i haven't needed the ink i ordered from them yet, but i will report back about the quality. i paid $3 per cartridge after coupon as opposed to $15 retail for my multifunction canon printer. plus, i will not hesistate to return them if they are not up to snuff once i use them.

Buyer beware,when your purchasing ink from ibcink.Since the price is so cheap,so quality of the ink,it is not up to high standards of original manufactur.You might want to set your printer on high quality.When i printed a toyrus coupon the upc didn't scan correctly,but when i used the original ink it worked fine.The color ink is pretty bad,they all come out out fuzzy or hazy.

Abcink is great,if your printing text document,but if your printing anything with color or high res,most likely your picture will turn out like crap.

A word about ink refill kits:

I got one awhile back. I have an HP 812C, which has one cartridge for black and a larger cartridge with 3 chambers for color.

Refilling the black cartridges has been a breeze. Quality is noticeably down from the originals -- it's nowhere near as sharp. It is good enough for most applications, including printing coupons and Pricegrabber, but be prepared for things not looking perfect and UPCs not always scanning.

I could not get the color ones to work correctly. Color would either be muddy or wrong or wouldn't work. Also, as color tends to run out before black, one of the chambers would be dry and wouldn't respond well to refilling the ink.

As the refill kits come with a ton of black, even if you never get the color ones to work, you're still ahead.

I bought some remanufactured color cartriges at Target. None of them worked correctly, despite guarantees.

bread's done
Back