Cheapass way to get a Gamestop EDGE card?

Guttersnipe

CAGiversary!
I recently received a Gamecube from someone that bought a Wii and didn't want it anymore and I'm looking to buy some GC games on the cheap. Now that Gamestop has their 25% off used GC games this week, I was thinking about getting an Edge card since I will be buying lots of games since I never had a GC myself and I want to get the cheapest prices possible. I never had an Edge card before and was wondering if there was a cheap way to get one? Do I HAVE TO subscribe to that glossy tp called Game Informer for $14.99? HALP!

If you trade in 150+ worth of video games stuff. You get 10% extra on trading in stuff, so if you trade in 150 and buy the card for 15, it comes out even

otherwise just try and trade in some games when you buy it

Nah dude you gotta play it right, gather a bunch of people mostly those who plan to use the card and have everybody pitch in like a dollar so yeah that all your friends and you get discounts and you barely pay anything for it ;).

They used to have an option to mail in the postcard from the magazine with a $2 check and they would send you an edge card. That's how I got mine. There was a thread about it on here but I couldn't find it on a search. The deal may be dead now I don't know. But it's probably worth checking one of the subscription cards from the magazine to see if it still has that check box for the $2 edge card.

If the $2 crazy-deal is gone, then you should just plunk down the $15 to get a year of Game Informer with it. It's worth the price if you plan on using your edge card frequently.

If you can find a copy of the Game Informer with GH4 on the cover (forget which month it was), then you should find the postcard with the $2 edge card offer on it inside. You might still get denied but it's worth a shot. Good Luck.

I sent in a copy of the pdf floating around on CAG and a check for the $2 EDGE not more than 10 days ago. I got the EDGE card in the mail today, 8/18 and they haven't even cashed the check yet! It was issued on 8/15 and is good until 09/09.

It'll pay itself off when you use it. YMMV if you can still get it for $2, but there have been mixed reports of people getting denied and the few that slip through. When they raised the price from $10 to $15, I thought to myself that I would never the the full value from it, but $2 here and there adds up, my card paid itself off.

Of course, I assume that part of GS revenue is from parents or kids who subscribe thinking they're getting a great deal when all they do is buy 3 used games a year.

Speaking of the edge card, I have a quick question

Do I pick up my issues of Game Informer at GS ,or are they mailed to me? I haven't gotten an issue yet and i'm pretty sure it's been a month..

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']Speaking of the edge card, I have a quick question

Do I pick up my issues of Game Informer at GS ,or are they mailed to me? I haven't gotten an issue yet and i'm pretty sure it's been a month..[/quote]They're mailed to you and it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get your first issue in the mail.

[quote name='Master Shake']They're mailed to you and it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get your first issue in the mail.[/quote]
that would explain why, thanks!

really just think of either you're going to spend 100 or 150 or trade in 100 or 150.

that 10% will pay for itself then. You could buy say 50 and trade in 50 and it would pay for the card.

I purchased mine for $2... took like 2 months... but I got it good through jan of next year.

I've bought quite a bit, I could do a 10, but 15 might be too much for next year since all i'd ever do is buy used anyways.... and I'm pretty caught up in that... would have to wait till then before I start buying used.

[quote name='DaftPunkFan37']that would explain why, thanks![/quote]

They should have at least given you your first issue in stores so you dont have to wait.

I got my GI subscription from ebay for $9 two years then the edge card for $2. If you can try to get both assuming the $2 pdf still works.

bread's done
Back