Cheaper books

DarkRider23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Anyone know a website that you can get books at big discounts? Keep in mind, new books only. None of that used crap. I've been looking around and most places have the same prices as a B&M store such as Borders.

Edit - By books I don't mean text books for school.

Amazon?

I've purchased a lot of books from them...usually a lot cheaper than B&M. Also, what is the problem with used books? As soon as you read the first page of a new book, its used.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']Amazon?

I've purchased a lot of books from them...usually a lot cheaper than B&M. Also, what is the problem with used books? As soon as you read the first page of a new book, its used.

TBW[/quote]

If they are in good condition I won't mind, but most of the time their condition is crap. I'm just tired of buying paperback books and having the covers all bent because the previous owner decided to wrap the cover around the entire book while reading. Just little things that annoy me really.

If you don't mind going to a B&M instead of online, maybe list where you're from so local CAGs can let you know of some book stores with good prices that are within driving distance.

Bergen County, NJ is the place. I've been to most book stores around here. Don't know of many privately owned book stores though. Cheapest I've so far has been Borders. I've compared some online prices with Borders and the difference is $1-$3. Not worth charging money onto a CC just to save $1=/.

I'd suggest abebooks... you can get a book in great condition for $5... sometimes you can get em for only $1, with $3 shipping, depending on the condition. Make sure you look for one with either great or like new condition, though, if that's what you want.

Also, I noticed that the AddAll search engine searches abebooks.com as well, but it was giving prices of 7 bucks for a book I found on the actual site for $4. So I'm just saying, AddAll is a good search engine, but make sure you double check what it gives you.

[quote name='Shadows916']sfbc.com -i get books 40-60% off all new and hardcover. been a member for about 6 years now[/QUOTE]

Excellent service, also a member for more than 10-15 years, never had a problem with them.!!!

bread's done
Back