Cheapest 360 Arcade

SilverPaw750

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Well, my 360 just RRoD...just barely out of warranty. Just got off the phone with Microsoft, and I see no need to send it into them for a costly repair - not even sure if I can, the guy kepy saying something about my repair contract being expired or something. So I guess my only other option is to pick up a 360 arcade and slap my hard drive on it. Where's the cheapest I can get one? Preferably new - aren't the newer ones less prone to RRoD?

No matter what anybody else tells you, once you get an RROD, the second one will surely come. So, get yourself a new machine.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Ergh, that's what I was afriad of. Do you have personal experience with that?[/QUOTE]

I CERTAINLY do. On an Elite sent back to Microsoft for repair. RRODed a few months later, just outside of warranty.

It's too bad this just happened with that Walmart sale a couple weeks back. not sure if you followed it but it was MSRP of $200 with a $100 GC. It's really was like a console for $100 since I do groceries there anyways. I thought that was a smoking deal.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']My question with the fixes is...how permanent are they?[/QUOTE]
Not sure, but the second I got my 360 it got RRoD, i ordered a few things for the fix(came to like $10 on ebay), took me a few hours to fix it.

It's still running now, fan isn't as loud as it used to be either. It's been like a month and a half now since I've fixed it, beats the hell out of buying a new one.

You can always search on Youtube for tutorials explaining how to do the fix, it's pretty easy.

bread's done
Back