Cheapest 360 HD.

mis0

CAGiversary!
Feedback
163 (100%)
What's the cheapest Xbox360 hard drive I can get? I've done some light research and it seems the 20gb would be the cheapest. Not really sure how much 360 hard drives cost in general.. so I'd like some help. Thinking of buying a 360 Arcade, but if all the extra costs run up to the price of an Elite, I'd just opt for the Elite (no Pro). Thanks in advance.

Buy a Western Digital scorpio 120gb drive and follow any of the # of tutorials on the web for how to flash the firmware and copy your files from your old 360 hard drive.. you'll be able to upgrade your Xbox 360 to 120 for 50 bucks.

[quote name='TheEvilMonkey']Buy a Western Digital scorpio 120gb drive and follow any of the # of tutorials on the web for how to flash the firmware and copy your files from your old 360 hard drive.. you'll be able to upgrade your Xbox 360 to 120 for 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yea, but you need to have an xbox harddrive in order to do that. I don't think the OP has one.

If you're a first time 360 owner, then I would recommend at least a Pro system, only 14 gb is available on the 20 gb harddrive, and that fills up quickly with DLC and Arcade/Indie Games.

[quote name='TheEvilMonkey']Buy a Western Digital scorpio 120gb drive and follow any of the # of tutorials on the web for how to flash the firmware and copy your files from your old 360 hard drive.. you'll be able to upgrade your Xbox 360 to 120 for 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

This can be way more trouble than it is worth and you can get blacklisted.

[quote name='SteveRox']This can be way more trouble than it is worth and you can get blacklisted.[/QUOTE]

I am more worried about being blacklisted myself, but I can understand why people do it. I am in the market for a HDD, but the price has kept me from upgrading.

[quote name='SteveRox']This can be way more trouble than it is worth and you can get blacklisted.[/QUOTE]

Wrong on both accounts, it is undetectable, it is really easy, and will save you over 100 dollars, how is this more trouble than it is worth?
The hdss.bin file that you use is used by manufacturer's as well so they cannot ban modded ones as it would ban legit ones too.

I just did this and played COD4 and Too Human online for the last few weeks no problem, if you need help PM me and I can help you out.

I'd probably want to stick with an official one for now. I'm probably just going to wait a bit more and see if Microsoft decides to do anything else 'sides a price drop around the holiday season. Really wish they'd lower the price on the Arcade because a $199 Arcade seems like shit when compared to what's offered in the $299 Elite now.. but $100 is a big hunk of change for those who don't really want all the extra Elite stuff but also doesn't want to pay for a hard drive in the end for their Arcade.

I guess you can't discuss modding on these forums or something, I posted a reply saying I just did that 360 mod and it is cheap and easy, saves you about 100 dollars, and you can't get blacklisted.
Anyways PM me if you need help, hopefully this doesn't get deleted. If it does I'd like to know why, I am trying to help this guy out.

[quote name='zeecorner']I guess you can't discuss modding on these forums or something, I posted a reply saying I just did that 360 mod and it is cheap and easy, saves you about 100 dollars, and you can't get blacklisted.
Anyways PM me if you need help, hopefully this doesn't get deleted. If it does I'd like to know why, I am trying to help this guy out.[/QUOTE]

MS is notorious for banning on the eve of a big game.

[FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Writing a term paper [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]i[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]s often the most dreaded part of an economics [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]c[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]ourse. Often students h[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]a[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]ve difficulty picki[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]n[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]g a topic suitable for an economics term paper. Either the idea is [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]m[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]uch t[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]o[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]o vague, such as, "I want to write something on the auto industry" or the idea has little or nothing to [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica][/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]d[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica][/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]o with economics. A second problem i[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]s locating sources for your [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]t[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]erm paper. It is often difficult to locate good sources of information on a subject with which you are unfamiliar. [/FONT]

[quote name='zeecorner'][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]Writing a term paper [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]i[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]s often the most dreaded part of an economics [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]c[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]ourse. Often students h[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]a[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]ve difficulty picki[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]n[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]g a topic suitable for an economics term paper. Either the idea is [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]m[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]uch t[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]o[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]o vague, such as, "I want to write something on the auto industry" or the idea has little or nothing to [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]d[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]o with economics. A second problem i[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]s locating sources for your [/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]t[/FONT][FONT=verdana, geneva, helvetica]erm paper. It is often difficult to locate good sources of information on a subject with which you are unfamiliar. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

You can mod it?

[quote name='mis0']You can mod it?[/QUOTE]

Yes I kept posting, but it kept getting deleted. PM me if you need help.

Will save you about 100 bucks and its easy and you can't get blacklisted.

Dell is selling 360 Elites for $274 (ish) with free 2 day shipping, with taxes it comes out to $299. That's the final cost. (give or take $1 or $3 dollars).

So you'll get 120GB HDD, your console will be 733t black, and it looks like it's one of the newer elites so I believe it'll be a Jasper chip as well. If you don't care about Jasper chips, there's still a bunch of elite bundles floating around dept stores so you can still get an HDMI cable and bundled games with it.

The arcade really isn't worth it imo. $50 more than an Arcade you get the Pro, $100 more and you know the rest.

The cheapest alternative might be to buy a refurbished 360 with a HD.

[quote name='chrisnsally']I've got a spare 20GB (MS brand) that I'm not using any more - if you're interested, PM me.[/QUOTE]

You have PM.

From one of my other trading forums I know someone who has 120gb hd's new pulls from Elite's; he was looking around $75/ea for them. I'm actually waiting to receive one early this next week :)

bread's done
Back