Cheapest/Best Place to Get a New 360 HDD?

RelentlessRolento

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I'm looking to upgrade my damn old ass 20gb 360 HDD but I want to do it on the cheap. I know to not buy used, so I'm looking for a good new one.

So far the best prices I've seen are on ebay, but its still iffy since I'm trying to avoid HK orders as well as other things.

Any good places to buy? thx in advance :)

I want to know this also - I'm in the same boat - 20gb hd - it's full - I have a 16gb usb drive plugged in but it says something about it works but the transfer rate may be slow so there may be slowdown in games played from the device. So I'm wanting to just suck it up and buy another hd. I'm not sure about the 3rd party stuff as far as getting banned and such - is that all just scare? Also, why not buy a used one - say from gamestop? Same reason - a banned drive?

I see a 60gig on Amazon for $79
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-60GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B001KKONBG/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1292093814&sr=8-11
but honestly I would just save the money and get a 120gig or even a 250 gig drive. A 250gig hard drive on Amazon is only $118 and that is new, so that is like 50 cents a gig, give or take a few cents.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003C1VPEY/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1292094001&sr=8-6

The 250 gig drive (Old style) even comes with a data transfer kit, so that alone is a $20 value as well.

is there a better deal on the transfer cable? i really dont want to spend that much for a cable im only going to used once..

[quote name='TLFerrill']is there a better deal on the transfer cable? i really dont want to spend that much for a cable im only going to used once..[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying I know, but I saw on ebay the cables go for very cheap... don't know if they come with the CD though.

im in almost the same boat although im in search of a good deal on the new 250 gb slim hard drive. looking for a new and official hard drive and not the stuff on ebay thats cheap.

i bought an old version of the 250 gb hard drive on ebay the ones that are non oem andit worked well. only thing is was its always a pain to attach it to the 360

[quote name='billydeewilliams']im in almost the same boat although im in search of a good deal on the new 250 gb slim hard drive. looking for a new and official hard drive and not the stuff on ebay thats cheap.

i bought an old version of the 250 gb hard drive on ebay the ones that are non oem andit worked well. only thing is was its always a pain to attach it to the 360[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how it's a pain, they seemingly attach right on once you push down slightly on them.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']the one i have for some reason doesnt. i guess the shell is crap because its not an oem product[/QUOTE]

In that case it is probably true, can't comment on an oem product, haven't deal with one for a 360.

I just got a 250GB HK one for $49 on ebay to replace my 20GB. Setup wasn't simple as I needed the transfer cable then to borrow a transfer disc which weren't included but I finished it the night I got it and tested it.

MS HDDs are a complete ripoff. You can get a 2.5" HDD that has 1TB for like $80 now and days and they are still charging people like it's 2005 for this amount of memory you get.

You don't need the CD anymore to do a transfer. The 120 GB one from Microcenter above is refurbished and probably doesn't have the cable but all the new 120 and 250 hard drives do have the cable.

bread's done
Back