Cheapest/Best way to get a copy of Pokemon Pearl/Diamond/or Platinum?

akalboy

CAGiversary!
So just recently got a new Nintendo DSi and wanted to grab a copy of one the old Pokemon games for old times sake. But not sure where to find a cheaper copy for a good price. Not even sure what's a "good" price these days anyways. Gamestop has Diamond used for $20 (but OOS online) and Amazon has Diamond/Pearl used for around $15+shipping. Are these probably the best I can get them for?

Don't buy used from Amazon. Odds are it will be a bootleg which don't play on a DSi.

I'd recommend Platinum over Diamond/Pearl since it added more Pokemon you can encounter before the Elite 4. It's also cheaper new on Amazon ($31.77 vs $32.99). If you don't want to buy new, then stick to buying used at GameStop and check the cartridge in your DSi before you pay for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are bootleg copies that big of a problem? Didn't realize that :( Saw a few on ebay that said they only worked for the DS and DS Lite, so that'd probably explain that. Thanks for the tips icedrake523, maybe I'll just be better off waiting for one of those "Buy one get one half off" deals from TRU or something along those lines :(

[quote name='62t']actually if you got a bootleg from amazon or ebay you will just get a refund.[/QUOTE]

They will only give you a refund if you pay to return ship it yourself and you dont get your shipping cost back, at least for ebay that is.

I believe you're not supposed to mail bootlegged items anyway. Still, it's not worth the hassle. Best to pay the extra money and be sure you're getting a legit copy. Game is worth it anyway.

bread's done
Back