Cheapest memory for a PSP?

platinumsoldier

CAGiversary!
Feedback
143 (99%)
I've been looking everywhere for cheap memory and the cheapest option I've found is a Photofast Dual MicroSD to Memory Stick Duo adapter + (2) 16 gb MicroSD memory cards. This will equal around $45 shipped for 32gb of memory. Does anybody else use this for their psp and is it a good product?

Link to adapter: http://cgi.ebay.com/Photofast-Dual-...gital_Camera_Memory_Cards?hash=item3ca98e610a

Link to 16gb MicroSD cards: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270534612112&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not use two 16GB MicroSD cards with that adapter. It is probably a chinese knockoff of a chinese knockoff and the ones that were posted a while ago only supported 16GB MAX with two 8GB MicroSDs. Otherwise yes, that is the cheapest method and one many people, including me, use. I would say you would spend a total of $40 for 16GB of storage.

So, the knockoffs don't work? (I don't care if it's fake as long as it works) Also, which adapter is the authentic one and which can use two 16gb MicroSD cards?

You could take your chances with that one or try Amazon and see if they carry the legit one. AFAIK fakes work fine, as I own one myself.

Edit: Never EVER, trust eBay for your MicroSD card needs. Generally, Newegg is the only place to go for those. If you are planning on using fake MicroSDs prepare yourself for plenty of headaches. You will not get the speeds or the capacity of a legitimate card.

I have the exact same adapter (Photofast MS Pro-duo CR-5400 MicroSD-HC) and have been using for a couple years now in my PSP-2000. I have 2 8gb Sandisk MicroSD HC cards in and have no problems what so-ever. However, I bought my adapter from Amazon for about 9$. I would not trust Ebay for this. Who knows what you will get. As others have suggested buy the memory itself from newegg and save yourself some time and issues.

I have not and probably will never bother with the 16 gb cards. 16gb (2 x 8gb) has been plenty.

When buying memory cards always go with authorized sellers. They're cheap and easy to counterfeit which is why you only want to buy from legit stores.

I unknowingly bought a counterfeit from ebay and it worked fine for a couple of months. But then it gradually corrupted saves and games to the point where it was unusable.

I did the same setup in my psp 1000, although I only have 1x16gb in it right now (no need for 32gb yet). After doing research on legit memory sources I bought mine from buy.com. I can verify that these products are legit and work perfectly with the psp. Here are the links:

16gb microsd

bread's done
Back