Cheapest NEW Gamecube?

neschamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
As the title says, I'm looking for a new Gamecube. Most places I have seen, are still selling it for $99. I think a few months back Target had a temporary price cut to 88 or 89 dollars...but I believe the price point has gone back up. I was contemplating just waiting out clearance sales on the 'Cube that will surely come. But, I am fairly sure that price drops on the Gamecube won't start until the Wii has been on the market a good 6-8 months. Any ideas are appreciated.

hi, isn't the wii backwards compatible with gamecube games?

if it is save up for that and you have the option of buying gamecube games for cheap (new & used) or the wii games if need be.

Yeah its not as though they are not reliable... I think you could easily pick up a used even a complete used with box for around $50 or so.

Where could I get one of these cheap used gamecubes? Also, do you think they'll be cheaper in a few months when the Wii is easier to find?

Since there haven't been any deals posted that actually apply to me - I'll respond to what has been said in this thread so far. I probably should have addressed the Wii/Gamecube issue in the first post, but I didn't...so I'll explain now.

Basically, the Gamecube is one of my favorite consoles ever. For the forseeable future I would like to have one in my posession to take out and play at any time. The one I have currently happens to have A LOT of playtime on it. I really am not sure how much longer it will last. I know Nintendo puts out their consoles (and handhelds) with durability and longevity in mind, but it is a disc based system. It will fail at some point (which could be a problem because I still have more than 3/4ths of my Gamecube library to play and complete). I also have a Game Boy Player that will continue to be used for a good while. With all that said, those aren't the main reasons I am looking for a new system.

The primary reason I am seeking a new 'Cube is that my current one is going to the girlfriend. She was interested in getting one (loves Donkey Konga) - so I am just giving her mine. I don't want a Wii as a replacement despite its backwards compatiblity. It just doesn't have enough games I'm interested at this time to make it a good buy for me. The limited availability of the Wii and the $300+ I would be dropping on the console itself, a game, and an extra wiimote/nunchuck combo just confirm that.

I was looking for a new replacement 'Cube for myself because I wanted one with absolutely no mileage on it. Some people treat their stuff like shit; I don't want some used and possibly abused console from someone else. So, I prefer picking up the system as new.

Hopefully, I can get one in the price range of $50 to $75. For the last few weeks, I have been checking the site on and off for any possible combination of coupons/Google Checkout/clearance price drops/etc to get one on the cheap. I really haven't had any luck, so I decided to create this topic. It would be cool if something came of this and I was able to get a cheapass 'Cube - if not, its no big loss.

bread's done
Back