Cheapest place/price for a surge protector/electric outlet extension?

hiccupleftovers

CAGiversary!
Looking for a B&M place to pick a power strip extender/whatever they're called for the cheapest price. I figured a dollar store might have them, but no luck there. Target wanted $10 for their cheapest, and I know I've gotten them for $1-5 in the past. Maybe Big Lots/Walmart? I haven't tried those two yet? I kind of need one soon, rather than waiting for Amazon or some online place to ship one.

As long as it's UL certified your power strip should be fine as an outlet extender, but please keep in mind that the surge protection on these cheapies is often not very good. If you're looking to protect your television or computer system, invest in something a little hardier.

As someone who has lost electronics due to inadequate surge protectors: it's worth a few extra dollars!

[quote name='Woodlands']As long as it's UL certified your power strip should be fine as an outlet extender, but please keep in mind that the surge protection on these cheapies is often not very good. If you're looking to protect your television or computer system, invest in something a little hardier.

As someone who has lost electronics due to inadequate surge protectors: it's worth a few extra dollars![/QUOTE]

Not looking for anything expensive, just something for off and on that'll extend the number of outlets here and there and that is inexpensive.

As far as 6 outlet surge protectors go, Big Lots is, by far, the cheapest I've seen. Someone already reported that he/she bought one there for $4, but I got one there (Indiana) for $3 not too long ago. However, Menards has 6 and 9 foot extension cords with 2 or 3 plug ins for $.69 to $2.

bread's done
Back