Cheapest place to get Microsoft Office?

Yes. If you don't like OpenOffice, try LibreOffice. They're by the same people I think, but there was a split in ideas or something. Don't really know the details. I have LibreOffice since it's standard with Ubuntu now. The Excel program is LibreOffice Calc. They should have full compatibility with MS Office and each other.

bro. i have office2010 keys for sale, u can use them to activate ms office2010.
professional plus/ standard edition
$10 each. contact me if u still need 'em

[quote name='nateeasy29']I'm looking for Office Home. I have a .edu email so I should be able to get student discounts. Help me out.[/QUOTE]

Your university doesn't offer it? I got the entire 2011 Mac Office for like 15 bucks.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']Yes. If you don't like OpenOffice, try LibreOffice. They're by the same people I think, but there was a split in ideas or something. Don't really know the details. I have LibreOffice since it's standard with Ubuntu now. The Excel program is LibreOffice Calc. They should have full compatibility with MS Office and each other.[/QUOTE]

Basically, everyone involved in OpenOffice left the project and picked up LibreOffice from right where they left off. That's the one you want to use now.

[quote name='Wazzup36']Your university doesn't offer it? I got the entire 2011 Mac Office for like 15 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Not all Universities participate in the MS program where students can get a copy of their software for cheap or free. Also depending on what you major is it is sometimes regulated to select programs. At my school the only students who can receive a free copy of any MS product is Engineering, CS/CIS. Everyone else is sol.

Even though the software is free for those students, I was told it cost the school 11grand and some change for each of those departments to have that privilege, no site license to cover that stuff.

bread's done
Back