Cheapest Price for an Iriver H10 (5GB or 20GB)

easy_g

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for an mp3 player and so far my favorite seems to be the Iriver H10. I found the 5gb model for $199 on amazon, but I'm thinking that i'll regret buying it since it stores so few songs. That's why I'm also looking for a cheap price on the 20gb model.

I've also looked a bit at the Creative Zen Touch 20 gb which can be found for $220, but I really prefer all the features, look, and size of the Iriver. Can anyone provide some info that would persuade me to go with the Zen Touch?

Any help would be appreciated.

FYI; there's an mp3 player called zen micro made by creative labs, makers of the sound blaster sound cards. It has 5gb worth of space and can play both mp3 and wma at an affordable $180.00. Unless of course your dead set on an iriver product.....

[quote name='easy_g']I'm looking for an mp3 player and so far my favorite seems to be the Iriver H10. I found the 5gb model for $199 on amazon, but I'm thinking that i'll regret buying it since it stores so few songs. That's why I'm also looking for a cheap price on the 20gb model.

I've also looked a bit at the Creative Zen Touch 20 gb which can be found for $220, but I really prefer all the features, look, and size of the Iriver. Can anyone provide some info that would persuade me to go with the Zen Touch?

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

$199 isn't bad for a 5GB H10. Dunno why you would need anything more; @ 128kbps MP3 you can store 1,250 songs on a 5GB hard drive. Regardless, the H10 20GB is available for around $270. Just look around for a bit, a lot of online stores have it at that price.

I would recommend the Zen Touch over the H10. It has amazing battery life, relatively stable firmware, and is a lot cheaper.

[quote name='wolfchild']FYI; there's an mp3 player called zen micro made by creative labs, makers of the sound blaster sound cards. It has 5gb worth of space and can play both mp3 and wma at an affordable $180.00. Unless of course your dead set on an iriver product.....[/QUOTE]

Ahh, yes. In fact, if you can wait until September you can get the Creative Zen Micro Photo. It's the same as the current Zen Micro, but with 8GB of storage, 15 hours of battery life, and a really awesome color OLED screen for just $249.

[quote name='Murcielago77']stick with iriver, ive heard that the zen's headphone jack goes dead in a few months, or even weeks.

http://store.yahoo.com/tech1global-store/noname11.html

theres a 20gb for 225. I dont know how reliable they are, but its a yahoo store, so it should be ok[/QUOTE]

Older production runs of the Zen Micro occasionally had this problem, but it has since been fixed. The Zen Touch does not have headphone jack problems.

BTW, don't buy from that store. $225 is far too low for a H10 20GB. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

[quote name='wolfchild']FYI; there's an mp3 player called zen micro made by creative labs, makers of the sound blaster sound cards. It has 5gb worth of space and can play both mp3 and wma at an affordable $180.00. Unless of course your dead set on an iriver product.....[/QUOTE]

I had been looking at reviews for the micro, but for some reason i ruled it out. Looking back at it though, it seems to have pretty much the same features as the H10. One of the things I want is an FM tuner (with recorder) which both players have. The only difference I can see is that it doesn't have a color screen, which doesn't really matter since I can't even dream of wanting to view photos with it.

Well then, it looks like there is another contender. Though the Zen Micro might have already won considering it's much cheaper. Still though, if anyone finds any cheaper prices I'd love to know.

Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going with the 6GB Zen Micro for $220 and a $20 belkin fm transmitter for my car.

Let's just hope it's as awesome as i'm hoping.

[quote name='Gregory Kimball'] It's the same as the current Zen Micro, but with 8GB of storage, 15 hours of battery life, and a really awesome color OLED screen for just $249.[/QUOTE]

Is there a firm release date for this? I'm really looking forward to it.

[quote name='easy_g']Thanks for the help guys. I ended up going with the 6GB Zen Micro for $220 and a $20 belkin fm transmitter for my car.

Let's just hope it's as awesome as i'm hoping.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend the fm transmitters. They usually don't work too well. I'd just get one of the headphone jack to tape player things. They are a lot more reliable.

[quote name='Tromack']I wouldn't recommend the fm transmitters. They usually don't work too well. I'd just get one of the headphone jack to tape player things. They are a lot more reliable.[/QUOTE]

problem is i don't have a cassette player in my car. cd only, so the fm transmitter is really the only affordable option i have.

Since the 1GB mem sticks hit $80, I've been using the PSP for MP3s. Not a bad idea... and it even plays games.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Is there a firm release date for this? I'm really looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

The Zen Micro Photo should be available in September, although Creative has never been good about keeping release dates.

[quote name='Gregory Kimball']The Zen Micro Photo should be available in September, although Creative has never been good about keeping release dates.[/QUOTE]

Anyone hear any news on a release date or company listing?

bread's done
Back