Cheapest PS2 DDR pad?

Lou-Dawg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I just want a DDR pad (PS2) to mess around with. No need for anything professional grade. My question is where is the best place to buy? This would include either a stand alone pad OR PREFERABLY a bundle that has been clearanced.

I have a pelican stick mat wiht box still not sealed though I used it I will sell to you for 15

Circuit City has the Extreme 2 Bundle (pad with game) for $17. It will be difficult to find though. I have been to 4 different CC stores and have not found it.

honestly I would grab the pump it up bundle.. it is $24.99 new at eb/gs or like $17.99 used. Beats the heck out of dance dance..also you can use the mat for it, but you can't use the dance dance mat for it.

[quote name='ryguy']I have a pelican stick mat wiht box still not sealed though I used it I will sell to you for 15[/quote]

You mean the drumstick one? That's not really the same game is it :roll:

Gamestop put out their own DDR pad--they sell it for $20 at their stores. They feel pretty cheap and they're not responsive enough for good players, but they work for somoene who just wants to mess around with DDR.

I wanted a cheap pad awhile ago too, but once I started to play DDR more and more I wanted a better one. I ended up paying about $70 for a Red Octane pad that's really nice.

I ordered a Ingition 3.0 from amazon last week for under $40 shipped. It came last night and it works great, i'm really glad I went with the foam insert.

[quote name='almasy82']honestly I would grab the pump it up bundle.. it is $24.99 new at eb/gs or like $17.99 used. Beats the heck out of dance dance..also you can use the mat for it, but you can't use the dance dance mat for it.[/quote]

This seems like a great option. Is the PUI pad good? If so, I will probably get that since you say its compatible with DDR too.

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']This seems like a great option. Is the PUI pad good? If so, I will probably get that since you say its compatible with DDR too.[/QUOTE]

No, what he's was saying was that DDR pads will not work with PIU.

A PIU pad looks like this:
pumpitpad.jpg

A DDR pad, as you probably know, looks like this:
pad.jpg

They really aren't interchangable. What I think almasy82 was suggesting was that you forget DDR altogether, and play PIU instead.

In the groove has 6 arrows right? Where as DDR only has 4? Will an ITG pad work with DDR and vice versa?

Yeah thanks for the info on PIU...it has arrows only on the diagonal...think I'll stick to DDR for now.

bread's done
Back