Cheapest way to get a PS3

EpsilonExordium

CAG Veteran
I am looking to buy a new PS3 today, what would be the cheapest way to do this? I have pretty much every store nearby, so even a % off coupon could help. Any ideas?

yeah, I got mine through sony (paid full price, but had free shipping)

I got 100 bucks back as a credit on my card (so the 399 plus tax because 299 after the first month) and I have 18 months of 0% interest financing) so if you pay 25 bucks a month for 18 months, you'll have it paid off before the interest incurs.

pretty great way to get a PS3.

I am not interested in the Sony card deal, just because I don't want a credit card. However, I tried the gold box deal and I haven't seen it show up yet. These are the steps I followed:

*Create new amazon account
*Rate PS3 Controller and Call of Duty 4
*Mark not interested for everything but sony PS3 40gb on recommendations page
*?????
*Profit!

But it's not showing up on my Gold Box Page....

[quote name='EpsilonExordium']I am not interested in the Sony card deal, just because I don't want a credit card. However, I tried the gold box deal and I haven't seen it show up yet. These are the steps I followed:

*Create new amazon account
*Rate PS3 Controller and Call of Duty 4
*Mark not interested for everything but sony PS3 40gb on recommendations page
*?????
*Profit!

But it's not showing up on my Gold Box Page....[/quote]
Can sometimes take a few hours to show up, and if you miss it I don't think it will show up again unless you reset it. I'll give it a try just to see if they excluded the PS3 for some reason.

EDIT: just did it and it brought it down to 379.99 (5%off) on the 40g
Also I just selected "own it" on the six axis then cleared everything off of my recommendations besides the PS3 resulting from that. And you might be looking in the wrong spot. It will be lower on the page under "quick picks" not in the deal of the day box.

[quote name='underliness']Can sometimes take a few hours to show up, and if you miss it I don't think it will show up again unless you reset it. I'll give it a try just to see if they excluded the PS3 for some reason.

EDIT: just did it and it brought it down to 379.99 (5%off) on the 40g
Also I just selected "own it" on the six axis then cleared everything off of my recommendations besides the PS3 resulting from that. And you might be looking in the wrong spot. It will be lower on the page under "quick picks" not in the deal of the day box.[/quote]

Yeah, it still hasn't shown up there. I haven't made a purchase on this NEW account, is that the reason why it isn't showing up?

[quote name='Cedrock15']got my 80gb for free
http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=4360033

doubters http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/Cedrock15/?action=view&current=Freeps3mINE.jpg

If you don't want to go that route i would trade dvds in @ FYE. I got my 360 premium by trading in 90 dvds i didnt really want (had 380 at the time) and had $70 left over in store credit. So trading in movies or games should reduce what your paying...[/quote]

Those referrals area a pain in the @$$ to get.:cry:

I got a PS3 off of Craigslist, I know you said you wanted it to be new, but sometimes you can find a good deal. My 20GB was $300, which is more than I'd like without a warranty, but the guy who sold it is a huge collector and clearly took care of all of his stuff. That, and BC is a big deal to me, so I wouldn't settle on a 40.

I too got mine off Craig's list. An 80gb for $450 shipped and it was a new unit sent to hiim by Sony, and it was brand new, seriously.. and I got original receipt so I have warranty until Nov. 08 =)

my bro just got a discounted PS3 from best buy, if you want to buy an HDTV over 1G, you can get $100 off a PS3 lol

either way looks like you got it in your gold box so good luck.

bread's done
Back