Cheapest Way to go about this? (Rock Band Wii)

wacekar7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
So I think I'm finally going to buy into the rock band games and I'm not too sure how to go about it the cheapest way. All I want are both games by Christmas, drums, and one guitar. The only condition is that I want the Rock Band 2 drum set. Here is what I had in mind:

1.) Buy GH3 bundle cheap, keep guitar, sell game off. This seems to be the cheapest way to get the guitar plus I've heard that the GH guitars are better than Rock Band's.

2.) Buy Rock Band 2 special edition at FYE on my birthday coming up (20% off with Backstage Pass), sell off everything individually except the drums.

3.) Buy a fairly cheap used copy of Rock Band 1 to play in the mean time and request Rock Band 2 game only from someone for Christmas.

Going over it, it sounds like it would be the cheapest way, but I haven't exactly calculated the numbers or shipping costs. There is also the fact that my birthday is in about 2 weeks and I would really like to see if anything gets marked down on Black Friday as well. Maybe you guys can recommend me some better ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Man, I want to do the same thing. I want the drums, for sure, and a guitar would be nice too... but I'm just thinking of buying Rock Band 1 special edition on eBay with Live Cashback, Goozexing for GH games, and then buying Rock Band 2 with a GS coupon of some sort.

Since when did the Guitar Hero III guitars for the Wii work with Rock band?

I only thought the Xbox 360 and PS3 had the cross-compatibility.

Additionally, if you wanted this the drums, usually the makers of this game just release a drum kit. Instead of buying the Rock 2 Band kit, why not just buy the drums for it? That way you don't have to mess with reselling the individual parts and losing money because of fees and "non-new" value loss.

I understand that you get the 20% off if buy the special edition kit. But look at the figures. You buy that, you save $30, which means you pay around $150 + tax. Then you have to resell each part, pay shipping, pay selling fees, etc. You would have to do all this and make a profit of at least $62 just to break even. Which is definitely possible(even though you'll be selling used), but it seems like a heck of a lot of a trouble to go through just to save maybe $5-$15. This is opposed to just buying the Standalone drum kit for $90.00.

EDIT: Why Rock band instead of Guitar hero btw? Since it seems you like the GH controllers.

I'd been waiting to hear the set list for GH: WT for a while before it came out and was really rooting for it all the way. I find the setlist somewhat disappointing compared to Rock Band 2's and possibly even Rock Band 1's. A lot of my favorite bands are on Rock Band, and I can't really same the same for GH. That, and playing Rush songs is what I'm looking forward to most. GH doesn't have any, and quite frankly I couldn't see them having many of the good ones even as DLC. A Rush song with 2 toms? Not too likely.

And I thought I read that the GH guitar was compatible somewhere? If not, then I guess I might just get the special edition of RB2 like you suggested.

either you don't buy it (the cheapest I believe...) or wait for a few weeks. The price may drop on Black Friday.

And I thought I read that the GH guitar was compatible somewhere? If not, then I guess I might just get the special edition of RB2 like you suggested.

Well, in some respects the GHIII controllers did work with Rock Band, but that's just for the Xbox 360 and I think the PS3 version. But as far as I know, the Wii GHIII guitars don't work with Rock Band. Perhaps, it's been changed.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']Well, in some respects the GHIII controllers did work with Rock Band, but that's just for the Xbox 360 and I think the PS3 version. But as far as I know, the Wii GHIII guitars don't work with Rock Band. Perhaps, it's been changed.[/QUOTE]

They will work with RB2 I believe, but they definitely don't work with RB1.

Wow, apparently Rock Band 2 for Wii doesn't even come out until December. Here I am thinking its already out. I guess I'm waiting either way then :\

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']Well, in some respects the GHIII controllers did work with Rock Band, but that's just for the Xbox 360 and I think the PS3 version. But as far as I know, the Wii GHIII guitars don't work with Rock Band. Perhaps, it's been changed.[/quote]

[quote name='tsmvengy']They will work with RB2 I believe, but they definitely don't work with RB1.[/quote]

guess I wasn't too drunk; read my link above, it will answer your comments

bread's done
Back