CheapyD vs McDonalds' Japan "Mega Mac"

[quote name='MCDONALDSKFCPIZZAHUT']um if you dont know what you are talking about dont make judgement. Sure i dont agree a 10 year old kid playing basketball needs powerade but it has been shown by independent testing to be effective , as said before, "when physical exertion is greater than 60 minutes"[/QUOTE]
It's sugar, water, and salt. Aside from that, it's not even sugar - it's high fructose corn syrup.

In other words, flat soda. But hey, it's got electrolytes.

Wendy's is better! :)

Sorry, I had to do it. The burger looks worse than the ones they serve where I live. I didn't think it was possible...

[quote name='MCDONALDSKFCPIZZAHUT']um if you dont know what you are talking about dont make judgement. Sure i dont agree a 10 year old kid playing basketball needs powerade but it has been shown by independent testing to be effective , as said before, "when physical exertion is greater than 60 minutes"[/quote]

It's good for you only if you do exercise otherwise it can be bad for your body. Can't remember where i saw this article. I'm pretty sure it was a magazine at my doctor's office. It said something about powerade and gatorade like drinks being for your body to recover something that was lost when exercising (other than electrolytes) and too much for your body was bad.

Im a vegetarian, so there's not a chance ill be eating one of these.. But its dumb hearing people bashing it and saying your gonna die etc, if Japanese people aren't as lazy as Americans to sit on there ass all day and do nothing, then theyll be fine. I dont think any food is bad for you, as long as you burn it off.

[quote name='gunm']I can't believe a nihonjin would eat that. Is this particular Makudonarudo's catering to gaijin then?[/quote]My pretentious meter is showing record levels!

I was in Tokyo July of 07, Tokyo is a pretty awesome place I remember walking down the streets and seeing that sign for the mega-mac, never did get it though I'm more of a sausage biscut kinda guy.

[quote name='MagicArc']I was not brave enough however to try the Shrimp Burger.[/quote]whoa whoa whoa

If they're anything like Andy's shrimp burgers, then you missed out

[quote name='Quikjr']Screw McDonalds!!! Wendys with their new spicy baconator all the way.:)[/quote]

^
1zlzuj6.png

[quote name='RoboBlue']That thing may not be as big as in the ad, but it's still huge. How did you fit that in your mouth, Cheapy?[/quote]

Astroglide.

Oh, wait-- You said "mouth." No, no wait, it's still Astroglide. ;):D

It goes down like butter.

He's an ex NYer.....he just mashes the thing to a pulp in his meaty grip and strains it down into his mouth, while Japanese diners around him look on in horror.

He usually finishes with a 1-finger salute while muttering the words "PEARL HARBOR, Bitches"...

Cheapy....keepin in *real*.

i was in japan a couple weeks ago and never got a chance to try it, was too busy trying all the noodle shops and sushi places...but it looks heartattackish...maybe it was a good thing i didnt try it

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yesterday I saw a sign for the "Mega Tamago," featuring all the artery-clogging goodness of the Mega Mac PLUS bacon and egg. Lovely.[/quote]

:drool::drool::drool:

The fat person inside of me is crying right now.

[quote name='ATX_CrOsSFiRe']Dude that big. lol Well my uncle came back from japan everything suppose to be healthy there including that^^^[/QUOTE]
Your uncle is such a liar.

The regular big mac actually has less calories than other mcdonalds burgers like the double quarter pounder so im sure this double big mac isnt going to be that much worse. Im sure id eat one if I could get it around here

The protein must be off the charts on that shit. And if you don't believe me, the next time you go to McDonald's, order a regular cheeseburger, and read the watered-down version of the nutrition facts.

Reg. Cheeseburger - 12 grams of protein.
Big Mac and Quarter Pounder - 24 g
Dbl. Quarter Pounder - 48 g
Mega Mac - ??? (most likely 60 g or so.) EDIT: 48 g or so. I fucked up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pacmanghost x']The protein must be off the charts on that shit. And if you don't believe me, the next time you go to McDonald's, order a regular cheeseburger, and read the watered-down version of the nutrition facts.

Reg. Cheeseburger - 12 grams of protein.
Big Mac and Quarter Pounder - 24 g
Dbl. Quarter Pounder - 48 g
Mega Mac - ??? (most likely 60 g or so.)[/QUOTE]

Its just a double big-mac.....aka...four cheeseburger patties...48g......

Somehow, I ended up eating two of these (both times after excessive amounts of alcohol) during my 12-day trip. They were exactly what I expected.

1. That is JUST as disgusting as the Mega Muffin, and
2. Werent you on a diet or did that come after trying all the new McDonalds "burgers"
3. Aren't Japanese people skinny in Japan, or do they even try the McDonalds experiments?

For the record its actually possible to order the Mega Mac here in USA. Though they won't understand you unless you tell them Double Big Mac. Me and a friend ordered it at his suggestion and they only thing they really did was charge us $1 more so the combos were $5.40 each or something. It was actually really good but really bad for the body.

Can't be as bad as when their ice cream's base material was lard. I know this only because of the fact one of my friends used to work at McDondalds.

bread's done
Back