CheapyD's Japanese Xbox 360 Trusty Bell Premium Pack Unboxing Video

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I was almost certain you were going to hold up the Trusty Bell clock to your neck and yell, "Yeah, BBBBOOOOOYYYY!", Flava Flav style.

Are all your games region free?[/quote] That's for a different video ;)
Many of my games are region free, but not all. I'm sure there will be a USA 360 in my future at some point. Must have all bases covered.

Pretty cool Cheapy. Just an observation, not sure if it's true, but it looks like you're reading off a script, especially at the beginning. It may just be your intent stare.

haha - totally opposite of my ritual of how I open up my new toys. I go all slow and meticulous pulling out one thing at a time. I save all my packaging - plastic bags, twist ties - all of it - and place it right back where it was located in the box. Kinda sad that I lost that rip-it-open mentality somewhere when it comes to toys/gifts - I had to get all weirdo robotic about it - like somehow that discipline is going to make it better... Maybe I'll make a vid of my opening my 360 whenever I get one.

Hey cheapy, good deal getting that system and hopefully it will last you at least more then a year. If not let me know I may be able to get a discount over here in the states. One question I had from your show you said Japan is coming out with a platinum hits title box with Gears of War and Dead Rising. Any idea if they are planning on doing the same over here? I just picked up a 360 last week and I want to get gears but at a discounted price and if its gonna be a platinum hit I rather wait 4 it. Also any idea if the import game will work on a us 360? Love the show... Keep on entertaining us

So have you even tried to get in touch with your Microsoft PR contact (NOT major nelson - re: to the morons) to see if they'll help you get it fixed/send you a new US 360? Or are you just sitting with your thumb up your butt going "Aw, it broken. No one helpses mes!"

[quote name='Maddgief']It's so great how he pops up from behind the box. HUZZAH![/QUOTE]

Yeah that was a little bizarre but it did make me laugh.

[quote name='CheapyD']That's for a different video ;)
Many of my games are region free, but not all. I'm sure there will be a USA 360 in my future at some point. Must have all bases covered.[/QUOTE]

If you didnt know before, play-asia has a good region compatibility guide

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

Wow, I wish I could get a trusty bell clock too. Soundtrack wouldnt be bad either, maybe they'll put in the US version....not. What happened to all the promos in the US? Which reminds me, I should go soon and reserve my copy if I want a faceplate >_>

Hey, I'm just saying if you unbox it like crap, you probably treat it like crap once it's out as well. These things are china dolls, gotta be good to them and they will give you that sweet juicy game lovin' action.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Hey, I'm just saying if you unbox it like crap, you probably treat it like crap once it's out as well. These things are china dolls, gotta be good to them and they will give you that sweet juicy game lovin' action.[/quote]

Shut up, you're retarded. He unpacked it safely.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it would have been freaking hilarious if you plugged it in and got an instant red ring of death right from the start! I think I'd have shit myself if I saw that!

EDIT: It could have also used some "YouTube Nintendo Kid" stuff with you screaming about how happy you were!

[quote name='lordwow']Pretty cool Cheapy. Just an observation, not sure if it's true, but it looks like you're reading off a script, especially at the beginning. It may just be your intent stare.[/quote]

Shhh... the CAGPrompter is a secret!!

[quote name='Danil ACE']I first read it as "Taco Bell Premium Pack" and was wondering why Taco Bell would have a 360 bundle[/QUOTE]
yo quiero Halo 3!

[quote name='lordwow']Pretty cool Cheapy. Just an observation, not sure if it's true, but it looks like you're reading off a script, especially at the beginning. It may just be your intent stare.[/quote]You should know me by know...scripts require too much effort.

[quote name='CheapyD']You should know me by know...scripts require too much effort.[/QUOTE]

I believe you, I think it may be just your looking at the camera. Normally I can tell when someone's reading a prompter, but I was only about 50/50 considering the quality of youtube video.

But ya, no big deal, I should have know it would have been too much effort!

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Wow, you sure showed me...[/QUOTE]

He did your comment was pretty stupid "evil cheapy d" LOL!

that's quite interesting ... I always had the impression that Eternal Sonata was called that in Japan ... and damn Cheapy ... that style clock takes me back to when I was a kid!

That side box is actually pretty nice, especially compared to how American 360s just have their pack in games crammed into whatever empty space is left in the 360 box (at least all the ones I have seen).

As an aside it would be rather funny if the next Simple 2000 only showed one 360 sold.

[quote name='voidcoefficient']That side box is actually pretty nice, especially compared to how American 360s just have their pack in games crammed into whatever empty space is left in the 360 box (at least all the ones I have seen).

As an aside it would be rather funny if the next Simple 2000 only showed one 360 sold.[/quote]

That's because that is an official bundle in Japan. Retailers here open the actual 360 box to put the game in and then reseal it.

[quote name='SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy']Hey, I'm just saying if you unbox it like crap, you probably treat it like crap once it's out as well. These things are china dolls, gotta be good to them and they will give you that sweet juicy game lovin' action.[/quote]

you must be seriously kidding about him taking it out or you're just fucked up

[quote name='JDUB X']If Mass Effect ends up being Region Locked, would you buy annother american 360?[/QUOTE]

Is that a joke? If you live in Japan there's almost NO reason to buy an American 360 for Western games when you can get it cheaper as an Asian version with English support. This is the case in both Japan AND the U.S. for that games cost. Unless CheapyD wants to play "Bullet Witch" in English or MAYBE "Culdcept Saga"(won't know if it's region free or will play on Japanese consoles also until it's released here) he's not missing anything.

ei CHEAPYd...why get a 360? Do you already own a Playstation3? I mean, I hear the Red Rings Of Death are still a problem for the new 360s.

Thing is, Im still having a hard time making a choice between the two consoles...I really like the 360 but I dont wanna risk it coz of the Red Rings.. I just wanna play FIFA08 when it comes out without having to worry about getting those darn rings.. Any tips?

I

[quote name='captain0ats']ei CHEAPYd...why get a 360? Do you already own a Playstation3? I mean, I hear the Red Rings Of Death are still a problem for the new 360s.

Thing is, Im still having a hard time making a choice between the two consoles...I really like the 360 but I dont wanna risk it coz of the Red Rings.. I just wanna play FIFA08 when it comes out without having to worry about getting those darn rings.. Any tips?

I[/quote]
buy the halo 3 edition; itll have the 65nm chips & new heatsinks. no more RRoD

[quote name='propeller_head']buy the halo 3 edition; itll have the 65nm chips & new heatsinks. no more RRoD[/QUOTE]

Where does it say they have put the new chips in the halo edition xbox?

[quote name='Mugen']Where does it say they have put the new chips in the halo edition xbox?[/quote] MS said a month or so back that all the new 360s being shipped include it now; and the halo 3 edition is part of that shipment. it might be possible to get the standard 20GB w/ 65nm, but its not going to be a sure thing.

you can always wait until its released Sunday and read. im sure Llamma will be disassembling it to check out whats inside.

[quote name='Mugen']Where does it say they have put the new chips in the halo edition xbox?[/quote] MS said a month or so back that all the new 360s being shipped include it now; and the halo 3 edition should be part of that shipment. it might be possible to get the standard 20GB w/ 65nm, but its not going to be a sure thing.

you can always wait until its released Sunday and read reviews. im sure Llamma will be disassembling it to check out whats inside.

edit:
well looks like i was wrong. the halo editions were made at the end of July, so no 65nm. you'll have to wait another couple weeks i guess; hopefully there will be some identifying code on the box which will allow people to figure out which ones are 65nm.

bread's done
Back