Check out all the CC stickers on eBay games

That's crazy!!! I left some of those games that he is selling for $20 on the shelf! I guess I should have grabbed a copy because people like that do not deserve to get games to sell.

whats so bad about that?! hes making a ton of money..... god for him! i will prob do the same thing in the comming weeks!

[quote name='StealthySeal']whats so bad about that?! hes making a ton of money..... god for him! i will prob do the same thing in the comming weeks![/quote]

I guess what is so bad about it is that most of us on this site are actual gamers. We buy the games to PLAY them! It appears that a lot of enterpreneurs have arrived at the site now just looking to make a quick buck.

Two different groups here fighting over the games that's all.

Hopefully people will not bid up these games. That will show those people for trying to make a quick buck.

[quote name='Indiana'][quote name='StealthySeal']whats so bad about that?! hes making a ton of money..... god for him! i will prob do the same thing in the comming weeks![/quote]

I guess what is so bad about it is that most of us on this site are actual gamers. We buy the games to PLAY them! It appears that a lot of enterpreneurs have arrived at the site now just looking to make a quick buck.

Two different groups here fighting over the games that's all.[/quote]

Thank you, my fellow Hoosier. I agree with you fully.

[quote name='StealthySeal']whats so bad about that?! hes making a ton of money..... god for him! i will prob do the same thing in the comming weeks![/quote]

Just an observation. Almost every game I clicked on today had a CC sticker. Compared to the original prices, it isn't that unreasonable. I thought the whole world knew about the $4.99 sale!

Just wondering which hoarder I had read about on the boards that seller was.

I doubt that he'll be able to unload all of them. Hopefully he will end up with quite a few left in his house and hopefully he doesn't have a game console to play them on.

[quote name='Squirms']What makes me mad is that he's got quite a few of the games that I want, but I'm not paying his bullshit prices.[/quote]

dont feel too bad. the guy claims hes from Nebraska. He didnt quite pull them out of your basket when you weren't looking.

[quote name='MixMasta']I doubt that he'll be able to unload all of them. Hopefully he will end up with quite a few left in his house and hopefully he doesn't have a game console to play them on.[/quote]

Totally believe in karma too!

[quote name='Squirms']What makes me mad is that he's got quite a few of the games that I want, but I'm not paying his bullshit prices.[/quote]

The guy is a real douche for buying the games for the express purchase of making money and subsequently taking away the opportunity to save a lot from other gamers. We (many of us, anyway) know that. However, his prices aren't really "bullshit" - these games, had they not been purchased from CC, would go for more getting them new and sealed. There were only 2 games that I thought his prices were unreasonable for, and those were Mario Party 2 and Megaman X7, and that's just because his prices were more than I'd be willing to pay for either, not because they were outrageously high.

I agree with dracula. Most of the "quick profit" hoarders will end up returning their games. Why? Because the eBay market is currently flooded. Games that would have sold for $40 are going for $20. Only a patient man would be able to wait for the market to stabilize to its original status, but this will likely take more than 30 days. And by that time, they won't be able to return and might get stuck with a clunker of a game. Give it some time and I bet a lot of the CC games will be showing up on the store shelves again.

I also like the random Tommy shirt that's in the middle of his listings.

Most of that crap won't sell and he'll simply be stuck and have to return them or keep trying, paying ebay each time to reslit.

The only one on there that I really wanted but didn't get was DOA Volleyball.. and that doesn't even have a CC sticker.

they had 2 copies of DOA Beach Volleyball at my CC but i passed them both up.. i guess im crazy, but i didnt even pick them up.. prob shuld have but i judt didnt care about the game.. haha oh well

[quote name='JAMMR']The only one on there that I really wanted but didn't get was DOA Volleyball.. and that doesn't even have a CC sticker.[/quote]

he prob got that from CC also, because in the description he said he opened it (the shrinkwrap) and notice it was bad for his childeren so he is selling it. Thats why the CC sticker isnt on there.

[quote name='alongx']The guy is a real douche for buying the games for the express purchase of making money[/quote]

I guess that makes circuit city "a real douche" too.

[quote name='JAMMR']The only one on there that I really wanted but didn't get was DOA Volleyball.. and that doesn't even have a CC sticker.[/quote]

It doesn't have a sticker because they took the wrapping (seal) off. Although they claim it's sealed, they only mean it has the security strip on it. I love the excuse they gave "Opened it up but then realized it was not for children". I don't think I'd need to take the wrapping off to realize that ... I think they just tried to take the CC sticker off and ripped the cellophane off.

The problem lies in everyone trying to sell at once. If people wuld just let the gaes trickle iin, instead of posting them all as soon as they buy them, then somethign might get sold.

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='JAMMR']The only one on there that I really wanted but didn't get was DOA Volleyball.. and that doesn't even have a CC sticker.[/quote]

It doesn't have a sticker because they took the wrapping (seal) off. Although they claim it's sealed, they only mean it has the security strip on it. I love the excuse they gave "Opened it up but then realized it was not for children". I don't think I'd need to take the wrapping off to realize that ... I think they just tried to take the CC sticker off and ripped the cellophane off.[/quote]

yea, the guy shoulda just crossed out the $5 tag like his other games.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='alongx']The guy is a real douche for buying the games for the express purchase of making money[/quote]

I guess that makes circuit city "a real douche" too.[/quote]

You should know the difference between Circuit City, a major retail redistributor, and the guy who comes into Circuit City and purchases every sale item to resell it for profit. I kind of went with the principle of charity when I posted that - I assumed that you'd know what I meant because it was pretty obvious.

I'm just waiting for the person who bought like 8+ copies of stuff like Skies of ARcadia, Resident Evil X (GC), and DOA Volleyball at the Dedham, MA CC to start throwing stuff up.

[quote name='BigHow']

I also like the random Tommy shirt that's in the middle of his listings.[/quote]

The shirt is a knock off. Some flea market crap.

some chinese dude bought all 4 DOABV from the CC i was at. wouldnt let me have one, either. asshole.

Oh, and about that ebay link. judging by the amt of bids (or lack there of) that person is going to pay more in ebay listing fees and percentage than profit.

Oh shit I don't believe it...I had to look after someone said this guy was from Nebraska!! I was at CC twice and saw the same person their with one full basket each time. The games that are advertised are alot of the ones he got, taking the last one of a few of them. Personally I only got 6 games probably because this bitch took them all!

[quote name='Birbo']Here's another hoarder everyone can be pissed at:

http://boards.ign.com/Xbox_Classifieds/b5330/62061884/?24

I too hope they have no system to play these games on and get stuck with them. Bastards.[/quote]

Now that's a little overboard. Where'd he find 6 copies of Rez and 8 copies of Disgaea? :shock:

I like the fact that he said he was being a good businessman. I hope no one buys from him.

I'm hoping to find some good games this Sunday, to play, that is. It's a great way to build up a decent collection, and if I'm ever in a pinch, I can do some trading or trade-ins. :)

Also, there's nearly a dozen birthdays in my family this month, mostly kids, so it's a great opportunity to spoil the little ones.

By the way, I would like people's opinions on something. I know this local businessman who often gives away loads of gaming systems to poverty-sticken children during the holidays (well, actually, he gives throughout the year). I told him about this sale, and he thought it would be a great way to treat more kids to games. However, he also thought it would be unfair to the people going to shop there on Sunday. What do you think he should do? He asked my opinion, and I could see both sides of the equation.

Well, anyway, this is my first post, and I just wanted to thank everyone for the great deals. I am hoping that I can also help out sometime in the future.

Take care,
J

[quote name='Saucy Jack']However, he also thought it would be unfair to the people going to shop there on Sunday. What do you think he should do? He asked my opinion, and I could see both sides of the equation.
[/quote]

If these kids don't get games often, they will probably be happy to get anything so if he is concered about taking games away from other people, then maybe he could buy more quantities of games that the store has a lot of or the less popular (but still good games). As an example, my local store had at least 12 copies of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3. That's not a high demand game and if he bought all 12 copies of a game like that, I don't think most people would be missing out much as opposed to buying 12 copies of a more demand game like Viewtiful Joe.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'm hoping to find some good games this Sunday, to play, that is. It's a great way to build up a decent collection, and if I'm ever in a pinch, I can do some trading or trade-ins. :)

Also, there's nearly a dozen birthdays in my family this month, mostly kids, so it's a great opportunity to spoil the little ones.

By the way, I would like people's opinions on something. I know this local businessman who often gives away loads of gaming systems to poverty-sticken children during the holidays (well, actually, he gives throughout the year). I told him about this sale, and he thought it would be a great way to treat more kids to games. However, he also thought it would be unfair to the people going to shop there on Sunday. What do you think he should do? He asked my opinion, and I could see both sides of the equation.

Well, anyway, this is my first post, and I just wanted to thank everyone for the great deals. I am hoping that I can also help out sometime in the future.

Take care,
J[/quote]

Assuming that's legit, I say let him buy them all for the kids, I'd imagine if he doesn't get them some asshole reseller will. Just about everyone in the know already hit the CC's up when the sale first broke. Most likely the only people that would miss ouy are resellers and people who just happened to see the ad that sunday.,

Searching on any game from the sale will pretty much yield dozens of CC bought copies (sticker proof intact). It's sad, and not something I agree with, but what are ya gonna do? That's business to some, morals to others.

[quote name='HYDE']It's sad, and not something I agree with, but what are ya gonna do? That's business to some, morals to others.[/quote]

So true...:(

I noted this in an earlier thread about impractical hoarders. They're creating their own punishment by flooding the market with their stuff and driving the value through the floor for all but the most coveted games.

Many of them are going to end up owing eBay a good chunk of change for items that never sell and those with ridiculously high starting bids will be hit all the harder since that raises the floor on their fees. Most of them at best are going to end making less money for the time invested than they could in a couple of shifts in a fast food joint.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'm hoping to find some good games this Sunday, to play, that is. It's a great way to build up a decent collection, and if I'm ever in a pinch, I can do some trading or trade-ins. :)

Take care,
J[/quote]
Poverty strick kids getting games > hoarding bastards reselling them for profits. Tell him not to go overboard though, I would say a max of 2 or 3 copies of a game seems reasonable.

Thanks for your opinions, everyone. You had some great ideas. I think that there will be a lot of good that comes from this sale. It'll really help a lot of kids, and I'm sure that everyone else will get a chance to pick up some good games.

On a related note, there are a bunch of local game stores here that also donate a lot for the kids, especially during the hoiday season. Goes to show you that gamers are some excellent people. :)

I had that feeling most people who bought a ton of games at my CC weren't keeping them, since they seemed to grab everything they find. All I know is that I won't bid on any of their games, even if I want them since I know they're trying to make a profit from me. I would still like Rind of Red, but a used copy will come up sometime.

[quote name='epobirs']I noted this in an earlier thread about impractical hoarders. They're creating their own punishment by flooding the market with their stuff and driving the value through the floor for all but the most coveted games.

Many of them are going to end up owing eBay a good chunk of change for items that never sell and those with ridiculously high starting bids will be hit all the harder since that raises the floor on their fees. Most of them at best are going to end making less money for the time invested than they could in a couple of shifts in a fast food joint.[/quote]

Hell yeah, that's what I'm pumped about. In 2 weeks, Disgaea will be going for around 29.99 on Ebay. Just watch. This means that I'll finally get Grandia Xtreme for a decent price.. muahahaha. Anyways, this is an excellent point. Buyers are also noticing, because everybody is bidding with restraint on these games. On a side note, with people chasing after all of these games, bid on some of the more classic stuff. Fewer people are watching it right now. A good example would be that an auction for my Final Fantasy Tactics original strategy guide only sold for like 17 bucks, and Raycrisis for PS1 only went for $7.50. I was going to list my entire NES collection this week, but I've since changed my mind

You know, It's funny that the seller is using stock photo's for the eBay auctions. But, we all know where the games come from...:wink:

CIRCUIT CITY!!!...

bread's done
Back