Check out my Facebook group - "My nightmares involve Sarah Palin becoming president"

Unickuta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I just created it, and yeah, I was a bit concilatory to John McCain, but only so people wouldn't just go "u liberal hack!!!".

Here's the group description (I wrote it - I had to do research for school on this topic anyway so I just typed this up. I might be wrong on some things).

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37151187304

[quote name='Facebook Group description']Imagine, that on Election Day, John McCain is elected president of the United States of America. In January, he's sworn in, along with Sarah Palin as his vice president.[/quote][quote name='Facebook Group description']

Now what if John McCain's cancer returns. Or he's assassinated. Or he resigns. Or some other thing that's associated with old age - whatever.

Then Sarah Palin becomes president. A woman whose "executive experience" was as mayor of Wasila, Alaska and as half-term Alaska governor.

I'm not insinuating that Sarah Palin was an incompetent mayor or governor or that she's a bad person, but imagine her becoming president of the United States.

What would she do on the abortion issue? Attempt to make all illegal, even if a woman is raped. This will not only be unfair to those women, but will create an underground culture of abortions (like the 1960s) when many go horribly wrong and often kill the mother along with the baby.

What about inner-city poverty? Imagine the deathblow this would be to poor Americans. She wouldn't think twice about cutting welfare almost entirely, maybe even entirely.

What about a military draft? Does anyone think that Sarah Palin wouldn't think twice about instituting one?

And education...Sarah Palin doesn't give a shit about our nation's schools. Sure, she was in the PTA - but when the decision comes up whether to spend money on missiles or education, I think I know what the answer will be.

And taxes...Palin would be excellent for the very rich, but she's not planning on lowering taxes for the upper-middle class and lower.

And what about separation of church and state? I'm a devout Catholic, and that's also one of the reasons I dislike her so much. She's more than willing to exploit people's religious beliefs to propagate bad things - such as the Iraq war. As you can see below...

"Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," said Palin.

(Link with video: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palins-church-may-have-sh_n_123205.html )

While I admire her Christian beliefs, I absolutely hate using them to justify a wrong war. She sounds no different than the terrorists that attacked our nation on September 11th, claiming that their "mission" was for God.

She's not afraid to do this in another situation, either. While Democrats take the moral high road and refuse to invoke religion in their decisions, Palin and many other Republicans do the opposite simply to gain votes. Either that, or they really believe they are on a "mission" from God, in which case I can't imagine Him telling us to invade a soverign country or raise taxes.

Don't get me wrong, though - I believe that McCain would make a great president. He rarely invokes religion to gain votes, and has the strength to fight back against people that do so. I supported his candidacy, across party lines, in 2000 and was rooting for him the whole time during the Republican primaries. While I'm a commited Democrat, I have always liked and admired McCain and how he handled things. Maybe if he had chosen someone like Charlie Crist or even Jeb Bush, a more moderate, compromising choice, I would not have minded seeing him elected, though I whole-heartedly want Obama to win the election.

But now I'm starting to lose faith in him. How could he, a 72 year-old man, hand the spare keys to the country to this woman, who almost represents exactly who he's been fighting against his whole life - an agent of intolerance.

And that's why we can't let McCain-Palin win in November.[/quote]

It's not such a good idea to throw your name out to the internet, Nick.

But on topic, Palin stinks, and so does everyone else running! Her religious views are quite alarming, much like Huckabee.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I hope you fail your project. That was inflammatory garbage that no one should take seriously.[/quote]

Most political groups on Facebook are inflammatory, and no that wasn't my report, which was intended to be more of a news thing than my opinion on the presidential race.

Though I still see you don't want to see her elected. :D

[quote name='Unickuta']Most political groups on Facebook are inflammatory, and no that wasn't my report, which was intended to be more of a news thing than my opinion on the presidential race.

Though I still see you don't want to see her elected. :D[/quote]

True. I don't want her or John McCain in office, but I also don't think that she's a terrorist or if she became president she'd reinstate the draft. You could cut her down without having to resort to using obviously false information in an attempt to be edgy.

oldbustedcopyyp8.jpg

I completely agree about Palin.

She is the biggest threat to American democracy since Huey Long.

Just listen to her faux populist pitch, replete with professed love for small town people, disdain for the press, cheap exploitation of McCain's military past, pandering to religion, and lip-service to ethics reform.

This is a woman whose record includes destructive and unscientific environmental policies, endorsing a public library book ban, and a corruption scandal with legs. Not alot, but it's a pretty good start for such a short political career.

bread's done
Back