check out this email i just got from an ebay seller

Captain J

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
anybody want to be a millionaire? :D here is the email:

Sir,
I got your address from the trade and commerce dept of your embassy, they asured me that you can be trusted in business.
I am DR NINO MARTIN, I work with the ABSA BANK SOUTH AFRICA, I have an undocumented money totaled 20 million united state dollars, this fund has being in the system for 15yrs now, and no body has come to claim it, it’s a bad fund, I want to move this fund outside south africa and I want somebody like you to help me, I will process the money in your name as a next of kin to the owner of the fund, and then transfer it,
It will be better for you to come here to open an account in any of the
commercial banks here, so that it will be easier for me to put the money
into your account here. It will take only six days to conclude I will give you 30% for your help. If you are interested, pls contact me.
Thank you
DR NINO MARTIN

At best this is a scam to somehow get you to send your money/bank routing numbers. At worst they want to kidnap someone or get you to launder their money...

yeah anytime i am selling a ps2 on ebay i get a hundred emails from people from indonesia trying to pay with a stolen credit card

[quote name='bruce_pwns_j00']O.O I know your gonna share that with me right. You know im your buddy[/quote]

ill give you your choice of

20 bucks
2.50 and a jawbreaker
or a dollar and some envelopes

Send us all your banking info and all your personal info and we swear we'll put $20 million in your account. Honestly. We're not going to clean out your account and take you for everything you're worth. Honestly. Trust us. We got your name from the embassy for gods sake.

Ya man I'll take the $20, if you get nothing from him I'm still holding you to the $20. Don't bust my balls. I'll be watching the mail :p

This is the first time everyone's seen this? This scam is older than Michael Douglas and Madonna combined.

[quote name='bruce_pwns_j00']Ya man I'll take the $20, if you get nothing from him I'm still holding you to the $20. Don't bust my balls. I'll be watching the mail :p[/quote]

check your mail today it should be there

[quote name='jmcc']This is the first time everyone's seen this? This scam is older than Michael Douglas and Madonna combined.[/quote]

yeah but its still funny that people actually try to get away with this :lol:

[quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='jmcc']This is the first time everyone's seen this? This scam is older than Michael Douglas and Madonna combined.[/quote]

yeah but its still funny that people actually try to get away with this :lol:[/quote]

To their credit, this one is much shorter than the usual script that gets sent out.

20030328l.gif

I got this email once, and I thought to myself: "Self, lets scam this scammin bastard". So I wrote him back saying I was in and asked the good doctor to tell me what to do next. (this was not the flying down to nigeria one, I simply needed to stash the money for him briefly). He wrote back (he even mispelled his name) and said that he would make the deposit, and asked me which account this was going to be on. I gave him a checking account number and told him which bank I use (you can find the routing numbers for every bank online, so he didn't need that info from me).

He replied with much thanks, but then asked if the account I gave him was a checking account or a savings account. I told him checking. His reply was that a savings account is much better for large deposits and asked if I had one. Of course I told him, and sent him an account number.

I didn't hear from him again for a few months, then one day, I got this email:

Dear mr. johnsonn,

A terrible tragdy has happened because of you. I sent my daughter to the states to retreive the money you were to hold. She gave the information you given me and was then arrested and deported. I have not heard from her in months I fear she dead. I cannot access the money to find her without your help. will you give help to me?

Dr NINOO MARTIN

I told the sorry asshole that I would not help him and that I hope his daughter was beaten before she was killed. To which his reply was:

You sick sonoofabitch.

and then he was arrested with my help (I had contacted the authorities earlier) Turns out, he was some australian.

jdpimp did you make that up, or did you seriously help take down one of those scammers? If so, that's pretty cool.

Anyway, it's pretty sad for the people that actually get suckered by this. I remember the Screen Savers had someone on the phone (long time ago) that had fallen for this. Started by asking for some amount of money to cover the bank fees or some other nonsense (a few hundred I think) Then they came back needing just X more for some other fee (this is where the guy realized he was a sucker and shut it off.) Of course if he had paid that, there would have been a need for a few thousand for some other crap fee, and on and on.

bread's done
Back