Check out Yesasia's awesome "deal" on PS3.

[quote name='Apossum']uhhh...did they not just see what happened to lik-sang?[/QUOTE]

From my understanding Sony went after Lik-Sang because they were shipping PSP units to Europe. On both pages it states that the PS3's will not be shipped there, so I think they'll be safe.

Sony went after liksang because they were hurting the european dealers by allowing imports before they were even out in the country. I mean imagine if you could import dvds from Europe to the US before they even show in theaters here.

If YesAsia is able to scalp the PS3s, then what stops other retail chains from doing the same? I would think anyone who gets a direct shipment from Sony would have to follow certain rules. Thus the reason why Best Buy just doesn't sell them for $2,000 on release day.

I still cant understand what would posses anyone to spend so much just to get one first:|

[quote name='musha666']If YesAsia is able to scalp the PS3s, then what stops other retail chains from doing the same? I would think anyone who gets a direct shipment from Sony would have to follow certain rules. Thus the reason why Best Buy just doesn't sell them for $2,000 on release day.

I still cant understand what would posses anyone to spend so much just to get one first:|[/quote]

Its not scalping. All that extra green is to cover the shipping and handling. ;)

[quote name='musha666']Thus the reason why Best Buy just doesn't sell them for $2,000 on release day.
|[/QUOTE]
They probably will. It's just that they'll include a bunch of games and accessories along with it. ;)

[quote name='musha666']If YesAsia is able to scalp the PS3s, then what stops other retail chains from doing the same? I would think anyone who gets a direct shipment from Sony would have to follow certain rules. Thus the reason why Best Buy just doesn't sell them for $2,000 on release day.

I still cant understand what would posses anyone to spend so much just to get one first:|[/QUOTE]
best buy and others will call it "bundles"

[quote name='Kayden']Its not scalping. All that extra green is to cover the shipping and handling. ;)[/QUOTE]
The box it comes in better be lined with virgins.

It is in the ballpark of what they are going for on ebay. I would imagine the ebay numbers will go up in price after it launches

[quote name='ryanbph']It is in the ballpark of what they are going for on ebay. I would imagine the ebay numbers will go up in price after it launches[/quote]

Oh yah, the Ebay numbers will go up and up until after Christmas. Play Asia will probably sell out. I can't see the price they're selling them for because the page won't load for me at the moment, but if it's under $3,000, they'll sell before Christmas.

bread's done
Back