Chibi Robo

PrarieD0G

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
This game came out late in the GameCube's life, and didn't seem to be a very popular title. I was wondering if anyone here would recommend it? If so, why do you like it? It's one of the few first-party GameCube games that I don't own and just was wondering if it's worth buying.

It's worth buying because it can easily be found for $10 or less.

Plus it is just crazy Japanese fun. There is a big house to explore, a lot of dumb little jokes and chores to do, plus the storyline is crazy. It's kind of like ANimal Crossing. AC was like in a forest with talking animals, why bother playing that when you can get a real life? CR is about helping people, or things, and doing chores that you would hate doing in real life, but the craziness of the game makes them really fun.

I still want to drive the damn car but I guess I haven't gotten that far yet.

$10 or less? ORLY?

LOL, I've been struggling to find it at all, except on eBay where it goes for around 20 bucks.

It sounds like an awesome game though. I'll definitely get it.

I thought I only bought it a few months ago, but it might have been longer, which won't help you now. :lol:

I got it and B-Wars at EB one week where they had 4-5 Gamecube games for $10 each. TRU had it for $10 and I saw a copy at a Sear for $7. I knew I should have bought it to resale! :)

Great game, I haven't played in awhile but it is just pointless fun exploring funny Japanese rooms while being a 4 inch robot. Plus the things you use, a spoon as a shovel, a mug has armor, and all the crazy side charaters like army men, an action figure and such just makes the CR universe wonderful and fun. It's easily in the top 5 best Gamecube games.

FYE has it for $15 and same with buy.com, plus $5 shipping, but both are out of stock.

It's weird for a game that was $10 and most stores couldn't get rid of it just months ago is now "rare" and no one really talks about.

Got my copy at a Sears for around $10 bucks. It's a fun game with about 20 hrs of gameplay if you try to do as much as possible (and just not finish the main story). When it comes to cutesy dialogue, I prefer Chibi Robo and Katamari Damacy type dialogue to the TTTY and Super Paper Mario stuff, which tries way too hard IMO. Simple is better, and Chibi Robo keeps it simple with fun dialogue and some neat characterization. Definitely worth a playthrough for gamers of any age, though little kids may need some help in places.

I read a couple reviews of this game and they both made the point that is was boring because you play as a robot who just cleans house. They didn't understand what they were playing. While the game does have some platforming and very light combat sections, this game is an adventure game at heart (think Sam and Max or Monkey Island). You solve puzzles by collecting items and talking to characters. The puzzles are great and rarely too hard, and the characters are pretty unique and entertaining. I found the pacing relaxing rather than boring. Although there are times you're hustling to get just one more thing done before the day runs out.

The game is worth $20 IMO, let alone $10 or $15.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I read a couple reviews of this game and they both made the point that is was boring because you play as a robot who just cleans house. They didn't understand what they were playing.[/QUOTE]
That's the problem with most reviews/reviewers, but especially with Chibi Robo. There's a big mystery to solve in the game, and that's the mystery that drives the game, not the cleaning. You aren't required to clean as much as you are assist the family members and complete another piece of the mystery.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I found the pacing relaxing rather than boring. Although there are times you're hustling to get one just one more thing done before the day runs out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had forgot about this, and it is a minor drawback. Though eventually you can use cleaning points to upgrade to a longer day, which was confusing to me. At first I thought it was a bonus-type thing, where I was buying additional daylight for one day only. But it was permanent.

It's a really good game, and AoF is right that it's worth it at $20. But why buy it there when some hunting will get you the game for $10 or less?

This was one of my favorite games last gen. Like someone already said, it was just relaxing fun. My three year old still talks about Chibi and I finished it back in February.

Good game if you can find it cheap. There's A LOT to do. Chibi's low battery life can make the early parts of the game annoying, but once you don't have that looming over you it gets better.

Cool, thanks for all the input guys. :D

I was on vacation and found a "new" (wasn't sealed; last "new" copy available) copy of Chibi Robo at a GameStop for $15. Used a 10% off coupon so I got it for even cheaper. I'm looking forward to checking it out. Glad I could add it to my collection.

[quote name='monkeydeew']7$ at kmart[/quote]

Nice job reading, it's hard to read a whole 10 posts.

Anyways how are you enjoying the game so far?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Nice job reading, it's hard to read a whole 10 posts.

Anyways how are you enjoying the game so far?[/quote]
me so solly. after watching the review on xplay i think i'm gonna pass. i guess more re4 wii for mii

bread's done
Back