Chicago Bears Football Off- Season Talk Thread and JAY CUTLER signing TALK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Terminator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (98%)
All
images
Here! Only Chicago Bear Fans/ fans of football and No Packer/Viking Fans. No Bears bashers b/c 75% of the time your team is worser :) So Bear Fans unite! Lets Talk

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']BTW whats your team?[/quote]

None really, but if I had to choose it would be the Bears and/or the Eagles.

Da Bears.

On topic here, I love the fact the Bears got rid of St. Claire and picked up a new tackle. Maybe they will get a WR with their first round pick in the draft instead of O-Line. I hated St. Claire, he always missed his blocks and so much pressure this year on Orton came from St. Claires side.

This is a joke thread, right?

Bears have said they have no interest in Jay Cutler. Who's the Bears' QB now?

Then again, you could waste the best RB and D-Line in the league simply because the head coach is an egomaniac who insists a Div II QB can be a viable NFL starter like the ViQueens :roll:

The entire NFC North is a joke.

[quote name='manthing']This is a joke thread, right?

Bears have said they have no interest in Jay Cutler. Who's the Bears' QB now?

Then again, you could waste the best RB and D-Line in the league simply because the head coach is an egomaniac who insists a Div II QB can be a viable NFL starter like the ViQueens :roll:

The entire NFC North is a joke.[/quote]

How do you know they have no interest? Do you work for them? You cant say stuff just because some idiot said it on the radio or on nfl network etc...

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Yeah, i am a fin fan but, you have to pursue cutler. or pickup pennington after 2010 when henne steps in if all goes well[/quote]

id rather draft someone instead of getting pennington but id like cutler though, its just what would we give for him? picks?players?

*If* the Bears were to trade for Cutler, I'd imagine they'd have to give Denver 1st round picks for this year and next, as well as some lower round picks.

I don't think the folks at Halas Hall would be willing to give those picks up.

I think the Bears would be interested in Cutler, as would almost any team, the real question is are they interested enough to give up draft picks. I say leave him in Denver and give Orton some talent to work with. No QB is going to make the Bears WR crew better. I say draft a T with the first pick and with the 2nd grab a WR, then a safety. It depends on how the draft unfolds and where players drop also as to who they should take.

Yeah the Broncos said they would want a young QB... Kyle is young, they need cbs and vasher could be 1 maybe, we could give picks and maybe some dt's?

As a huge Bears fan I can safely say they are going to be mediocre at best this season. They will never win a Super Bowl with Orton at quarterback. If Jay Cutler really is available they should give up draft picks for the next 2 years and both their testicles to get him. Even if it doesn't work out at least it proves they are trying to win which is something I have doubted over he last few years. And let me tell you, this offseason has done nothing to calm my fears.

[quote name='Maklershed']Bears suck! Go Packers and Vikings!! :whee:[/QUOTE]Heck no. I absolutely despise the Packers. :lol:

I'm a Bears fan myself. I do agree we could use some more WR. I don't follow them as closely as I do the Bulls and White Sox though.

[quote name='sociopharm02']I think the Bears would be interested in Cutler, as would almost any team, the real question is are they interested enough to give up draft picks. I say leave him in Denver and give Orton some talent to work with. No QB is going to make the Bears WR crew better. I say draft a T with the first pick and with the 2nd grab a WR, then a safety. It depends on how the draft unfolds and where players drop also as to who they should take.[/QUOTE]

We just got a tackle with a ton of talent, more so than who we just got rid of. I assume that trade was made so we can go after some other than a tackle in the first round. Like maybe a WR.

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1'] Maybe Vasher, Hunter H, some picks and some next year. But if we dont go after him atleast give Orton some play makers and go get Boldin[/QUOTE]

Why are you so eager to give up Vasher, who's going to take his spot? Also Hillenmeyer is a damn good player and we're going to need someone to step into Urlacher's shoes and make some big plays that he isn't making anymore. Urlacher has lost way too many steps and just hardly seems to make the big plays anymore. Sure he comes down with a pick once and awhile but he's not there on most of the plays like he used to be. I remember everytime the bears defense made a play, Urlacher was on the screen, either making the play or ready to assist. Now if he makes the play, or even makes it there it's a special occasion.

[quote name='Matt Young']Why can't we just have a general NFL offseason discussion thread? Wouldn't that make a lot more sense?[/quote]

Says the Packer fan!! GO BEARS!!!

[quote name='mission42']
Why are you so eager to give up Vasher, who's going to take his spot? Also Hillenmeyer is a damn good player and we're going to need someone to step into Urlacher's shoes and make some big plays that he isn't making anymore. [/quote]

Hunter Hillenmeyer is in no way a good player. He is the worst player on that entire defense, he couldn't even hold onto his starting job last year. Jamar Williams should start over him this year I hope.

[quote name='cgarb84']Hunter Hillenmeyer is in no way a good player. He is the worst player on that entire defense, he couldn't even hold onto his starting job last year. Jamar Williams should start over him this year I hope.[/quote]

Hunter is one of the weak spots on the D, as well as the safety position...

[quote name='Matt Young']Why can't we just have a general NFL offseason discussion thread? Wouldn't that make a lot more sense?[/quote]

looking at your sig, why do you like the puckers? BUT THEN LIKE THE BULLS,SOX,ILLINI?

I have been a Bears fan all my life. That fact makes me even more upset to say that I see the Bears maybe winning 8 or 9 games this year.....at best. Jerry Angelo has proven over the last few years that he is not willing to go after any GOOD players. Picking up a lineman that has been a backup for years does not count. I really wish that they would at least show a little interest in Cutler but I know they are not interested. Obviously the WR position could use some work, the Bears should throw a pile of money at someone like Boldin (good established WR) and make Hester their #2 receiver. Their defense is starting to show its age, Briggs was the only defensive player that really shined last year. Sometimes I really don't understand why the Bears never spend any money, except to severely overpay players like Urlacher and Gould.

/endrant.

So as a Bears fan, I am not feeling good about this season at all.

i actually hear the bears might pull the trigger on cutler if he becomes available... he said it himself that his top 2 places are Chicago and tenn. Tenn is already set with Collins and young looking to make a comeback. I think if we get Cutler, Orton goes no matter what!

Have they made any moves this offseason?? I don't remember hearing any, i know there were a few rumors of Mcnabb going to Chi town but that is it. I am Giants fan.

[quote name='bones56']Have they made any moves this offseason?? I don't remember hearing any, i know there were a few rumors of Mcnabb going to Chi town but that is it. I am Giants fan.[/quote]

McNabb rumors are 2 years old now and there arent any more... the Bears have actually got free agents but no big names like Haynesworth, although we might get Orlando Pace and Ken Lucas (saw it on espn)

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']looking at your sig, why do you like the puckers? BUT THEN LIKE THE BULLS,SOX,ILLINI?[/QUOTE]

Puckers? LOL. I don't know. I'm from Illinois, but I lived closer to St. Louis than Chicago, still, I have always liked the Bulls and Sox. I never watched football aside from the Super Bowl until 1995, and I saw the Packers lose to the Cowboys. I fell in love with Brett and the gang then. As for hockey, I didn't follow the sport until after I moved to California, hence the Kings fandom.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
This is my favourite thread of all time.
Who the fuck likes the Bears?

-Die-hard Vikings Fan

kthnxbai

Seriously, can't we just have a general NFL Offseason thread?
The Bears? Might as well make a fucking Houston Texans Fan Club Board...

Bears got Cutler! We traded 1st round picks this year and next year and gave them Orton. We also got a 3rd round pick.

This is probably the best move the Bears have made in Free Agency for years, if not ever.

Awesome News! Without doubt we are the best team in the NFC NORTH! Packers,Vikings fans go get yourself ready to get t-bagged by the Bears for 10 years :)

The Bears gave up a ton but at this point I don't even care. I have never seen an actual good NFL quarterback in a Bears jersey in my entire life. I don't care about the 2 first round picks, if anyone has seen what the Bears have drafted in the first round over the last two decades then they know this is a good deal overall.

There were no good 1st round players (at 18) this year anyways and we can still get good receivers in the 2nd (like how we got Forte!)... and next years 1st wont matter cause it will be a high pick... ohh and Orton stinks: That top 10 offense the Broncos had is about to be bottom 10 ENJOY!

As a Bronco fan. I am mixed about the Trade. Cutler was a talent for sure but IMO, he never gave the impression he cared about the games in which he was playing. I would've liked for him to stay oh well.

And Bears fan, remember that Cutler had a hell of a lot of talent around him and he was barely sacked last year. I wouldn't be so quick pronounce the Bears offensive greatness just yet.

Regardless what happens I think our new coach is an arrogant little prick, whose biggest mark on the team thus far is to run his QB out of town.

Is Cutler really worth that much? Are the Bears good enough on offense even with the addition of Cutler?

Always remember Wolf's line from Pulp Fiction....

[quote name='cgarb84']Teams that are 0-4 in Super Bowls are not allowed to be discussed so Vikings and Bills fans that way --------------> :D[/QUOTE]

At least we aren't Lions fans... you know 0-16 in 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back