Chicagoland west suburbs DS get together?

kakomu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I just picked up a new DS Lite and I want...no, NEED to test out the wifi connectivity. I'm thinking of a get together for people in the west suburbs. Some place where we can congregate easily. My first thought would be Oakbrook Center (mall). It's a decent outdoor mall with plenty of places for people to loiter and congregate.

However, if anyone has a better idea, I'm open to suggestions.

Given the way the DS is set up, we don't need to really find each other and sit together since we can just have games floating around.

I'm thinking Saturday August 5th or Sunday August 6th. Starting around noon and ending whenever everyone wants to leave. As for games, I, personally, only have 2 games that are single card, download play (as this DS is new and I Haven't bought up a bunch of games), but I'm sure everyone else can bring others.

For the sake of being all-inclusive, I would recommend that whatever games are brought be wireless single card games so that people who don't have the games in question aren't left out.

So, are there any people out there with DSes that have a hankering for wireless play?

Now see, you're having this the week I'm going to Miami. Everything is happening this weekend, Free paintballing with free paint, party, and my Lacrosse scrimmage.

[quote name='heffaji']I'd be interested if we can get something together.[/quote]
Sounds good. If people show some interest, I have no problem just heading over there and waiting for people. Doesn't need quite the formalization as something like a LAN party.

Anyways, for the two of you interested, I'll probably head over to OC at about noon on Saturday and seat myself near Sears. The area around there is more shaded and since the DS doesn't deal well with direct sunlight, gaming should be easier. I'll wait for a while to see who shows up. If you can make it, let me know.

[quote name='bobo2k4']I used to live in Oak Park but moved to the city. Pretty small world here.[/QUOTE]
yeah it is small, but I basically grew up there and it's peaceful.

bread's done
Back