Chinese Students Horde Wiis in Tokyo

[quote name='Hibiwa']Wow. I sincerely hope you're being sarcastic and don't actually espouse those ignorant beliefs.[/quote]

All asians look similar yet different. I person from Taiwan isn't going to act or look like a person from Japan. Plus, there's the whole " Cheapy had lived in Japan for a while and knows a bit of the language and how the people are ", thing. If anything, asking the question " how can you tell if they're Chinese or not " is ignorant. Very ignorant. Even more ignorant then your statement.

[quote name='Punk_Raven']All asians look similar yet different. I person from Taiwan isn't going to act or look like a person from Japan. Plus, there's the whole " Cheapy had lived in Japan for a while and knows a bit of the language and how the people are ", thing. If anything, asking the question " how can you tell if they're Chinese or not " is ignorant. Very ignorant. Even more ignorant then your statement.[/quote]

It's not ignorant. I can't tell white people apart. I have to imagine them as anime characters with wildly colored hair.

They are no worse then the F-Tards that fill ebay with over priced gamer gear and systems. If only they were gamers they would respect the systems...

[quote name='Punk_Raven']All asians look similar yet different. I person from Taiwan isn't going to act or look like a person from Japan. Plus, there's the whole " Cheapy had lived in Japan for a while and knows a bit of the language and how the people are ", thing. If anything, asking the question " how can you tell if they're Chinese or not " is ignorant. Very ignorant. Even more ignorant then your statement.[/quote]
My
response to the post by SonicPower was ignorant?:

[quote name='SonicPower'] Easy. Eyelids. Dressing. Way of Talking.

I'm not surprised what they did.[/quote]
^^^ That is ignorance. Read very carefully. One hideous part being the vague reference to eyelids. And if you're wondering, that has NOTHING to do with distinguishing one Asian race from another.

BTW, you might want to revisit who you include as "Asians". It's a catch all term for those with origins from Far East Asia, Southeast Asia and Indian subcontinent - according to the 2000 US Census.

Finally, asking "How can you tell if they're Chinese or not?" is a valid question.
This isn't the proper thread/forum for race discussion, but answers that are uninformed generalizations should not be tolerated, or condoned.

Ultimately this old post was about alleged hoarders in Japan. Nothing more, nothing less.

[quote name='Hibiwa']^^^ That is ignorance. Read very carefully. One hideous part being the vague reference to eyelids. And if you're wondering, that has NOTHING to do with distinguishing one Asian race from another.
[/quote]
Actually... I can distinguish between what asian subgroup a person might be in just by eyelids alone. A good portion of Asian people would agree with me. Then again it isn't very PC :) What Sonic said isn't exactly ignorance. The only ignorant part is the fact he isn't surprised by the actions of the Chinese students.

And yes I am part of the "Asian" group. We may "look" the same, but there are subtle features to tell us apart (aside from the obvious like language).

[quote name='orimental']http://www.alllooksame.com/quiz.php?tid=1

Registration Required. The average is 7.[/quote]
I thought of that quiz, when reading some of these posts, earlier. Unless they have changed the pictures, however, it's not a very good test to see if folks are "yellow-blind" or not. Too many of the guys are making weird faces and have dyed hair.

You guys are taking this matter far too seriously. Sometimes you can make a pretty good stab at someone's ethnicity, and sometimes you can't. What the hell, it's not that complicated. This isn't a showdown between good vs evil or intelligence vs ignorance, for cryin' out loud.

Eyelid, epicanthic fold, nictitating membrane, whatever. You just give the guy's mug a once-over and proclaim: "That there SOB is a _______ and if his momma told him different, she's a lyin' ____." Ta-daa. Mystery solved.

"Chinese guy. Japanese guy. I'm the guy with the Wii." --Bastardized Mis-quoter

[quote name='mykevermin']'cuz they look it, and they probably sound it too.[/quote]

Pretty much. There's a LOT of Chinese in Japan, especially in areas with universities (study abroad programs, etc; I lived in Okayama for a year or so and saw tons of them), and it's pretty easy to tell them apart after a while.

I think its total BS that they're buying so many simply to resell, but I can also understand financial straits...not everybody in Japan has the luxury of being a native-born English speaker and being able to make 2000-3000 yen an hour ($18-$27) straight off the bat. Also, Wiis were easier to find there than here...I actually saw used Wiis semi-often, but that could've just been the area I was in.

That being said, fuck that. They really need to enforce the 'one-per-person' rule more often.

Since I'm living in China, and have been here for over a year now, I decided to let my girlfriend (Chinese) listen to this video.

She was unable to understand anything that was being said. She speaks several dialects of Chinese and some Korean. This was after several attempts. So I'm not saying they weren't Chinese, as there are many different dialects here in China, but just saying a Chinese person didn't know where they were from.

I'm not Chinese but I wouldn't be surprised to see them making a decent profit on these. I have a friend who makes around over $1000 a month selling chocolate (yes, chocolate...I guess "chocolate from America" fetches a pretty good price among the rising middle class). I'm sure that they can mark those up pretty high; those of you who are checking eBay prices, those are the prices in the US, not in China...

[quote name='vietgurl']I'm not Chinese but I wouldn't be surprised to see them making a decent profit on these. I have a friend who makes around over $1000 a month selling chocolate (yes, chocolate...I guess "chocolate from America" fetches a pretty good price among the rising middle class). I'm sure that they can mark those up pretty high; those of you who are checking eBay prices, those are the prices in the US, not in China...[/QUOTE]

i wonder how much these are fetching for in Vietnam....and let alone who is gonna be able to afford them over..besides the rich there.

[quote name='lurknomore']The Japanese hate everybody.[/quote]

They hate the US because they found out that Tom Cruise was the Last Samurai.

True story. :bouncy:

I am Chinese/Taiwanese, and I can totally confirm this. I used to live in Japan for 5 years. I would go line up in the morning to buy Saint Seiya or Kamen Rider figures (for myself) when they are released. I wouldn't have to go line up in the morning before they were sold out on the first day if it wasn't for these b*tches mobbing the place in groups. They hire people to stand in line for them when the DS first came out too.

If people say Japanese are racist and blame everything on Chinese, they are lying. I've been in Taiwan US and Japan and have naitive born Korean and Chinese friends. I find an average Japan to be the least judgmental, atleast not as much hatred toward other countries like anyother I've experienced.

But the fact is foreign crime in Japan is a hard solid fact. I had friends that were hired for credit card fraud, classmates that were prostitutes, classmates working illegally etc etc. when I was at a Japanese Language school. I hated these people because they just bring down the image of foreigners in Japan. But like they care, all they went to Japan for was money.

Oh and I know they totally ignore the "One per person" rule. I saw this old guy from Hong-Kong I think going back and forth to buy Saint Seiya Figures and just leaving them on the stair way, w/o anybody watching over them and just went back to the line and kept on buying.

Only in Japan those would not get stolen and he's still abusing the system. The people work at the store don't have the guts to turn him down I guess cuz they usually don't want confrontation.

Oh and I know they totally ignore the "One per person" rule. I saw this old guy from Hong-Kong I think going back and forth to buy Saint Seiya Figures and just leaving them on the stair way, w/o anybody watching over them and just went back to the line and kept on buying.

Karma dictates you restore the balance by taking the ones he puts on the stairs. :D

As someone who is part Chinese and experienced Chinese culture, I can say I am not surprised that the hoarders are Chinese. :whistle2:#

That's what make most of Chinese imigrant do well (financially) than other imigrants. I've been to South East Asia, Australia, and now US, and I can tell that Chinese do well financially compare to others.

bread's done
Back