Chobits, Blu-ray, $36.49: Let's Talk Ad Nauseum About How This Will Be An Upscale

Been a long time since I've seen this show, but I liked it.

My DVDs are just fine, though if I didn't own the series already, I'd grab this set (upscale or not).

Fun show, sometimes felt a little too long (probably should have been 13 episodes), terrible ending... that's about all that can be said about it.

Of all the shows about college/cram school kids + sci-fi wackiness I prefer Niea under 7, but Chobits is a good one if you're looking for something else.

this show seriously rocked. the bluray cover really makes it seem like a show for girls, but not even close.

well worth it.

Great series... I still own the original Complete Genon Boxset. Will pick up the BD version nevertheless... :whistle2:D Probably will be an upscaled version of it.... I agree :whistle2:D

[quote name='Greenboom98']Great series... I still own the original Complete Genon Boxset. Will pick up the BD version nevertheless... :whistle2:D Probably will be an upscaled version of it.... I agree :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Not probably - it WILL be.

Sumomo is the shit. It's time for wakey wakey exercises! This comes out on my birthday, I suggest everyone here start a collection to get this for me :D:D:D:cool:

[quote name='weeskwee']this show seriously rocked. the bluray cover really makes it seem like a show for girls, but not even close.

well worth it.[/QUOTE]
Well, it's made by CLAMP, so that's already implied it's for girls right there. I still enjoyed it as a unique approach to the robot love concept.

I'm fine with my original dvd box set. But, who knows, I may double dip in the future. I think I'll watch some Angelic Layer, for old time sakes.

I missed out on the DVDs ages ago during the crazy Geneon sales over at Rightstuf, so I'll snap this up. Even if it is an upscale, I'd rather have it on Blu-Ray.

[quote name='Shinpachi']Well, it's made by CLAMP, so that's already implied it's for girls right there. I still enjoyed it as a unique approach to the robot love concept.[/QUOTE]
Chobits isn't just for girls, there's a good amount of male-oriented humor. But it also isn't strictly shounen... I would call it gender equal.

Glad it's getting a re-release, already have the dvd set and recommend it.

Chobits is extremely seinen oriented. I mean, c'mon... the man character is a college guy, living by himself, with a harem of girls.

But anyway, great series.

[quote name='Shinpachi']Well, it's made by CLAMP, so that's already implied it's for girls right there. I still enjoyed it as a unique approach to the robot love concept.[/QUOTE]

X says hello. :D

[quote name='argyle']X says hello. :D[/QUOTE]
The DVD collection cover consists of an older gentleman embracing a younger man, and wikipedia (though not the ultimate authority) states "The series is intended for a female audience"; so I'm going to stand by my earlier remark. Also forgot to mention, I fully intend to purchase this when it dips closer to $26.

[quote name='Shinpachi']The DVD collection cover consists of an older gentleman embracing a younger man, and wikipedia (though not the ultimate authority) states "The series is intended for a female audience"; so I'm going to stand by my earlier remark.[/QUOTE]
xxxHolic and Tsubasa also say hi.

[quote name='dv8mad']I just want to switch her on

and off, and on, and off, an on, and off, and on...
[/QUOTE]

I lol'd.

bread's done
Back