Choose your College by who plays the most WoW?

Hmm... Case is only #69. I attribute that to the small population. I graduated before WoW showed up though, so I couldn't guess at how populate that particular game is there. My buddies and I were Rainbow Six people; had a lot of fun against some Cornell kids.

[quote name='botticus']Hmm... Case is only #69. I attribute that to the small population.[/quote] I'd have to second, with the number of people I heard talking about it the past two semesters (not a WoW player myself).

Lol, I go to University of Washington, wooot!!! we win!!!!! Used to play WoW, but stopped around December of last year since I was taking harder classes Winter quarter. That and I was sick of playing/guild drama.

I'm surprised Wright State is so high (#184). I'd like to see a list where they are ranked by the # of WoW players divided by the total student body.

I play WoW...and ummm I have friends who go to university of michigan...but they don't play WoW so basically you just wasted your time by reading this post.

Yeeeeah, we're #21! GO BEARS!

...wow, my girfriend's university is #8. Maybe that's why it never feels crowded there.

*edit* Wait, this is number of visitors to mapWoW, right? Then it's not numbr of people playing the game...?

Woohoo....Iowa State makes the list at number 18!

I was there in the mid 90's, we played lots of games. Our dorm had just got ethernet and we played tons of stuff. Warcraft was a big back then.

TBW

Surprised to see my alma mater (Santa Cruz) in the top 10. When I was there not many people seemed to play PC games and if they did it was mainly Day of Defeat or Counter Strike.

All that depicts is how many on-campus computers are visiting mapwow.com

I see two things wrong with this jump to conclusions.

[quote name='Vegan']All that depicts is how many on-campus computers are visiting mapwow.com

I see two things wrong with this jump to conclusions.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

University of Wisconsin -- #1 party school and #14 at WoW. burn the list!

My school (Illinois State University) is #70. My roomate plays, as does quite a few of the people I know.

And Chacrana, I didn't know you were in Bloomington/Normal. We should play games sometime!

Georgia Tech in the top 10, no surprise there. Of course WoW didn't exist when I went there. Then again, I played a bunch of WC2 at college in my day.

I know some of the deans at my school play WoW all the time, though I'm betting none of the players here have ever heard of this site let alone visited it.

Hrm, my school wound up being ranked 31, which is kinda sad considering that not many people live on campus and our entire undergraduate population is probably smaller than that of one year's worth at other schools with more playing.

Also, as Tanuki said above, how many people posting in this thread have been to the website this is coming from?

bread's done
Back