Chopin Music

R1V3R5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
So, I've been playing Eternal Sonata lately and I really love Chopin's music. However, I'm not 100% sure all of which songs are in the game and I'm having trouble wading through the countless Chopin collections. Anyone have any suggestions of which CD compilation to buy?

You can easily find "greatest hits" CDs on amazon. Anything with his Fantisque Impromptu, Heroic Pollonaise, and Grande Brilliante Waltz are good indications.

I bought a Greatest Composers collection from CC a couple years back and one of the CDs was Chopin, and it's probably my favorite selection of his. I'm sure you can still find it there.

Or you can always buy the Complete Works on eBay for about $60 or so, a great value for hundreds and hundreds of pieces.

Oh, and keep in mind, no two recordings sound exactly the same. Different pianists play pieces with different tempos, etc. Arthur Rubenstein is known as the best Chopin 'interpreter', and Vladimir Ashkenazy is excellent too. Look for anything performed by either of them and you'll be fine.

This is the one I own but may be too much for you:
http://www.amazon.com/Chopin-Comple...d_bbs_7?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1223537241&sr=8-7

This one seems like it would be good for you, and it has the best of the best on there:
http://www.amazon.com/Chopin-Favori...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1223537241&sr=8-1

That first one is a little pricey and probably way more than I need. That second one looked good until I saw that it did not include "Prelude Op. 28 no. 15 (Raindrops)."

Edit: Wait, I think that second one does include that song. It's just listed as "Prelude for piano No. 15 in D flat major, Op. 28/15, CT. 180" instead. Regardless, I will pick this one up or the Essential one, both by Vladimir Ashkenazy.

[quote name='R1V3R5']
Edit: Wait, I think that second one does include that song. It's just listed as "Prelude for piano No. 15 in D flat major, Op. 28/15, CT. 180" instead. Regardless, I will pick this one up or the Essential one, both by Vladimir Ashkenazy.[/quote]

Yeah that's it. As long as the Opus number matches it's right. Btw, I can't wait for Eternal Sonata to come out on PS3, I still haven't played it.

bread's done
Back