Chris Osgood to re-join the Red Wings

MorbidAngel4Life

CAGiversary!
According to WDIV News in Detroit, Chris Osgood is going to sign a 1 or 2 year contract with the Red Wings soon. This is great news. Now we have Ozzy back!

Plus CuJo's stint in Detroit really didn't go all that well. I like this, despite Ozzy's inability to stop the long blast, but it'll be cool to have him back.

Last thing I heard he was going to Pittsburgh, I really hope the Red Wings do sign him and let Manny go I would rather see the Penguins end up with someone like him than Osgood.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']I guess Curtis Joseph would cost too much to keep after the salary cap[/QUOTE]
Exactly. The Wings had a team option for his contract, which (I believe) was somewhere in the region of six to seven million dollars. That's definitely not going to work, so Joseph is gone.

[quote name='ajh2298']Last thing I heard he was going to Pittsburgh, I really hope the Red Wings do sign him and let Manny go I would rather see the Penguins end up with someone like him than Osgood.[/QUOTE]
Hell no. We're keeping Legace, and you can't have him! >_>

YES! OZZIE IS COMING BACK! :D

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Exactly. The Wings had a team option for his contract, which (I believe) was somewhere in the region of six to seven million dollars. That's definitely not going to work, so Joseph is gone.

Hell no. We're keeping Legace, and you can't have him! >_>

YES! OZZIE IS COMING BACK! :D[/QUOTE]

I swear if he goes to Pttsburgh, I'm killing WDIV.

Has there been any news about the Wings buying out Robert Lang's contract and letting him go, I have heard on Pittsbugh sports radio he really wants to come back to the Penguins.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of course it's big news, Detroit needs as many goalies as they can get since none of them can stay healthy. :razz:[/QUOTE]

hey man, Hasek was damaged goods when we got him :lol:

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']hey man, Hasek was damaged goods when we got him :lol:[/QUOTE]
Yet Detroit still overpaid for him. You know that's a smart GM you've got there. ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Yet Detroit still overpaid for him. You know that's a smart GM you've got there. ;)[/QUOTE]

Who won the Cup that year???? Exactly ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Who won the Cup their first year in their new city???? Exactly. ;)[/QUOTE]

Who won their first Cup before your team was even around, even as the Nordiques???? Exactly ;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Who won the Cup their first year in their new city???? Exactly. ;)[/QUOTE]

They were the #1 seed in the East the year before that, so I fail to see why it was a surprise. True they lost in the first round to a #8, but Detroit has done the same, so what do you want?

It'd be like if the Washington Nationals won the world series this year, despite sucking while in Montrael.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Who won their first Cup before your team was even around, even as the Nordiques???? Exactly ;)[/QUOTE]
Who dragged this thread off-topic with his incessant Detroit banter???? Exactly. ;)

So, where do you guys think CuJo going to play for? Too bad it didn't work out in Detroit for him. At least Detroit is in better shape than Colorado or St. Louis.

[quote name='Baseball2g']So, where do you guys think CuJo going to play for? Too bad it didn't work out in Detroit for him. At least Detroit in better shape than Colorado or St. Louis.[/QUOTE]
Whoever's willing to pay for him, I guess. Unless there's somebody that I haven't thought of yet, he might be the most prominent goalie that's available.

We won't find out until after the draft. Boy, it's going to feel like Christmas with all the player movements, finding who got who, and who got traded for whom.

[quote name='Richlough']Lay off, this is big news in Hockeytown .[/QUOTE]

...not really; half the league is unrestricted free-agents.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Who dragged this thread off-topic with his incessant Detroit banter???? Exactly. ;)[/QUOTE]

Who's topic was about Detroit in the first place??? Exactly. ;)

[quote name='Rich']...not really; half the league is unrestricted free-agents.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. Chris Osgood is one of the best goalies the Wings had in the past decade.

bread's done
Back