Christmas gift for GF

Treyjyert

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Alright, my GF isn't a huge gamer and usually just plays iOS games on her iPhone. She has some interest in the DS and wouldn't mind one as part of her Christmas gift.

However, she said she doesn't need/care for the 3DS and doesn't want me to waste too much of her Christmas budget on a brand new 3DS.

My question, where is the best place to pick up a DSxl or whatever the previous DS before the 3DS? She would basically play Mario/MarioKart and maybe puzzle games.
Thanks for the help!

I'd just spring for the 3ds. Get it with one of the specials that's going on ( i think best buy has it for $160 next week) then she can play the latest mariokart, etc. I think mariokart 7 beats mariokart ds anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll see what else I want to get her for Christmas and ill potentially get it. I won't be able to take advantage of this Best Buy deal but hopefully there is another one soon.

[quote name='62t']So she said she doesn't need or care about 3DS, but you want to get one anyway?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this.

Do you mean she has no interest in 3DS BECAUSE she doesn't have an interest in 3D games.....

Or just "DS" games? If she's not a fan of 3D gaming, then pick up a DSi or DSi XL. Although the 3D can be turned off...

Eh.. still. Go for a DSi or DSi XL if that's the case. If she doesn't really have a want or a need for a portable gaming device, I'd really think about looking into a new gift idea, lol

[quote name='62t']So she said she doesn't need or care about 3DS, but you want to get one anyway?[/QUOTE]

Ha, I should have phrased it better. She enjoys playing my sister's DSi and other handheld systems but she said she has no interest in the new 3DS systems. She said she'd prefer I spent less for an older system so she could get more presents, ha.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

Get her a Wii instead. It's great for those non-gamer people, whether it's your girlfriend, grandparents, siblings, etc... I recently got my girlfriend a Wii, mind you she has 0% tolerance for videogames, with Just Dance 3 & 4 for $130 from Gamestop, and she loves it.

Sounds like a big waste of money. You said "she wouldn't mind one". That sounds like someone uninterested in that ds. Playing her sisters sounds more than enough for her. I'd get her something else that shed feel excited to get, not something she's "meh" about.

Her Christmas list grows by the day. I'll probably pass on getting the DS for now and be content letting her play old PS1 games on my PS3.

I appreciate all your help though fellow CAGs. Y'all helped me avoid wasting money on something she probably wouldn't use that often.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'd go with a DSi or a DSi XL![/QUOTE]

If he is getting a Dsi for $100, why not get a 3DS with a game for $129.99

[quote name='62t']If he is getting a Dsi for $100, why not get a 3DS with a game for $129.99[/QUOTE]

that was my point. even if you don't use the 3D functionality you gain access to more games by getting a 3ds instead of a DSi.

bread's done
Back