ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Yeah, I'll be on for my picks. I was playing the other night. Got one set of my picks last week and won some stuff. I missed my picks yesterday though.[/quote]

Ok cool, I'll kee adding you then.

Any idea about CiLLkuPID? I don't know who's friend this was, havent' seen him in a few days. I want to know if I should I exclude him from the list?

I may not be on as often as I'd like over the next 2 weeks, at least during the weekdays. I started my new job today and until the apartment I applied for opens up (Sometime in early September) I will be doing a fairly hefty commute. I should at least be able to get on to do my picks though.

Hey Linkin you keep forgetting RX Man for picks. He is a private too he should be online tonight playing again. I don't see his name anywhere. He made some picks on Thursday 8/17.

He probably will not be able to make picks on the weekend so if you can schedule him during the week that would be a plus. He usually only plays during the week. He works long hour most of the time on the weekend and does not usually play online.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ok cool, I'll kee adding you then.

Any idea about CiLLkuPID? I don't know who's friend this was, havent' seen him in a few days. I want to know if I should I exclude him from the list?[/QUOTE]

I do not know who he is. I only played with him once so far.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ok cool, I'll kee adding you then.

Any idea about CiLLkuPID? I don't know who's friend this was, havent' seen him in a few days. I want to know if I should I exclude him from the list?[/QUOTE]

I played with CillKupid once...I don't think he knows anyone in the clan, just a random add who happened upon our squad during a search.

He seems to be a pretty cool guy, but from talking to him, he does not currently have a computer to access the internet (or these boards). Nothing against the guy, but if he has no communication with anyone (outside of XBL), then he probably needs to be dropped.

Personally, I think squad members need to be members of CAG to join, if for anything, to be able to check in for updates/lotto schedule...it is afterall, a (official?) CAG squad.

[quote name='flybrione']Hey Linkin you keep forgetting RX Man for picks. He is a private too he should be online tonight playing again. I don't see his name anywhere. He made some picks on Thursday 8/17.

He probably will not be able to make picks on the weekend so if you can schedule him during the week that would be a plus. He usually only plays during the week. He works long hour most of the time on the weekend and does not usually play online.[/quote]
Oh shit!! You're right. I thought I updated the OP with him in Yellow (Private+) but didnt. Sorry. Since Swift wont be able to make it today. Rx Man 911 can take his place.

REMINDER:

6 PICKS EACH
* M O N D A Y *
LinkinPrime
Rx Man 911 (in place of Swift) *edit*

samuraiwahoo - Mr. Wahoo

darkrage - DrStarkweather

4 PICKS EACH

* T U E S D A Y *
samuraiwahoo - Mr. Wahoo
Santurio - Ramo Z
flybrione - BigMes
non-CAG - CiLLkuPID (DOES HE STILL PLAY?)
CheapyD
Maximo1324

* W E D N E S D A Y *
Crowbb - Crowbb Live
toper - Toper331
Ultimate Matt X (ARE YOU STILL GONNA SIGN ON FOR PICKS?)
Swift900 - swift fix
darkrage - DrStarkweather
Rx Man 911 *edit*

[quote name='toper']I played with CillKupid once...I don't think he knows anyone in the clan, just a random add who happened upon our squad during a search.

He seems to be a pretty cool guy, but from talking to him, he does not currently have a computer to access the internet (or these boards). Nothing against the guy, but if he has no communication with anyone (outside of XBL), then he probably needs to be dropped.

Personally, I think squad members need to be members of CAG to join, if for anything, to be able to check in for updates/lotto schedule...it is afterall, a (official?) CAG squad.[/quote]
I agree with you on that one Toper, but its all up to Ramo. If for the most part, I might have to remove him from the lottery picks. I say we atleast keep him on, till we get a replacement, this way we can continue to have 24 or more lottery picks.

[quote name='CheapyD']I ranked up to Private 1st Class.
See you guys on tonight.[/QUOTE]
Im still a recruit :cry: :cry:

so how many hours have you put into it so far?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']

I agree with you on that one Toper, but its all up to Ramo. If for the most part, I might have to remove him from the lottery picks. I say we atleast keep him on, till we get a replacement, this way we can continue to have 24 or more lottery picks.[/QUOTE]
CillCupid is definitely the next to go if we need to make room. But for now it seems we have accomodated everyone who wanted to join. If not please let me know and we can fix it up. As for the lotto picks, go ahead and remove him since no one can get a hold of him unless someone has him on their friendslist.

:bomb: so Kingyellow64 decided to take 8 lottery picks today. He's not signed on so we can't tell him to cancel them. Also, CiLLkuPID took one for today. This is why CAG's should be the only people allowed on the squad.

That means we lost 9 picks today. I can cancel some of my picks today to accomodate the others. LMK im online right now.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:bomb: so Kingyellow64 decided to take 8 lottery picks today. He's not signed on so we can't tell him to cancel them. Also, CiLLkuPID took one for today. This is why CAG's should be the only people allowed on the squad.

That means we lost 9 picks today. I can cancel some of my picks today to accomodate the others. LMK im online right now.[/QUOTE]
Let's launch, sucka. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:bomb: so Kingyellow64 decided to take 8 lottery picks today. He's not signed on so we can't tell him to cancel them. Also, CiLLkuPID took one for today. This is why CAG's should be the only people allowed on the squad.

That means we lost 9 picks today. I can cancel some of my picks today to accomodate the others. LMK im online right now.[/QUOTE]

I think this is gonna have to call for some action such as banning for a week or so. I know that this is not cupids first offence and i think king has also done this before. But defenatly should be a member of this board.

Great games last night guys. Our teamwork is definately getting better as well as our hounds. I need to experiment with the Multileg hound. I tried building one last night. 30min in the garage went by and it still wasn't good enough...I'll work on it some more tonight. I should be on around 10:30/11:00pm PST tonight if any of you are still on.

[quote name='swetooth9']hello, do you guys have specific roles that you guys each play?[/quote]

We don't really force anyone to play with specific types, we do however have certain players with greater strenght in certain hounds and we ask before we join a mission if they bring out their "X" hound or they ask if we need anything specific.

We mainly don't want a whole bunch of Scouts running around. We're all trying to get the "Deploy 50x with ____ chassis" achievements for all classes so we do change it up from time to time.

I'm rambling...to answer your question No we don't have specific roles.

Well, if that Overstock coupon goes through, I'll be receiving this game probably right around the time that everyone will want to start playing Saint's Row. :lol:

[quote name='shipwreck']Well, if that Overstock coupon goes through, I'll be receiving this game probably right around the time that everyone will want to start playing Saint's Row. :lol:[/quote]

That's what I thought would happen when Dead Rising came out, but were still dedicated to the war. We'll make room for you when you're ready. We have 2 other people we might boot soon.

ok, well my 360 should arrive in a week and a half or so, and i may be getting chromehounds...i'd like to be a sniper type player to cover people on missions if there aren't already too many of those in the clan...but i guess i should wait til i get it first :lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']That's what I thought would happen when Dead Rising came out, but were still dedicated to the war. We'll make room for you when you're ready. We have 2 other people we might boot soon.[/QUOTE]
who are the other two people?

[quote name='anomynous']who are the other two people?[/quote]

Not you man. Don't worry.

It would be Cillkupid and KingYellow64. Ultimate Matt X said he's willing to temporarily drop if needed (dont think it will be necessary) while he plays Madden 07. Plus I'll take CAG'ers over random people any day, and I think Ramo feels the same way.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not you man. Don't worry.

It would be Cillkupid and KingYellow64. Ultimate Matt X said he's willing to temporarily drop if needed (dont think it will be necessary) while he plays Madden 07. Plus I'll take CAG'ers over random people any day, and I think Ramo feels the same way.[/QUOTE]
ok, I know I havent been on the past 2 nights, and school starts tomorrow, so I wont be on very often during the week, but Ill be on during the weekends

[quote name='anomynous']who are the other two people?[/QUOTE]
I know one of them was the new guy..........anonymous or whatever..................oh snap wait, that's you!!:lol:

I prefer people that will play and enjoy themselves when alone or in a group battle. People who will be available for updates and listen to the rules and guidlines set by the squad and not only follow but relay them to the other newer members. People who won't sneek online early in the morning or mid-afternoon and steal lotto picks.....hmm hmmm cough*Brak........cough**maximo.....(jk :lol: ) If that means we need all CAG's in the squad then I'm all for it.

[quote name='Santurio']People who won't sneek online early in the morning or mid-afternoon and steal lotto picks.....hmm hmmm cough*Brak........cough**maximo.....(jk :lol: ) If that means we need all CAG's in the squad then I'm all for it.[/QUOTE]
lol

I remember doing that twice, as I thought lotto only applied to experimental parts (and not captured parts).

I sat in the garage for, like, thirty minutes trying to figure out how to cancel my lotto pick. I don't think I ever figured it out.

I too just got the game today. It's been a while since I've had time to play with any CAGers, but I'd love to join as well. Going to fire it up here in just a few minutes. Please let me know if there is any room, it sounds like a great multiplayer experience. :)

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']I too just got the game today. It's been a while since I've had time to play with any CAGers, but I'd love to join as well. Going to fire it up here in just a few minutes. Please let me know if there is any room, it sounds like a great multiplayer experience. :)[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll make room in a minute. I already have you on my FL I think, so if you see me on send me a message and go to the online lobby and search for HOSTILE CAG. You have to join the SAL KAR nation or you won't be able to join the squad.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Well, I just did a trade for this, and it should be here in a couple days and I'd love to join up in the squad if there's any room.[/QUOTE]
Let me know when you get it and when you want to join and we can make room.

Thanks for remembering me guys for the lotto pics! I appreciate it. I am just too damn busy but I try to play as much as I can.

Once again thanks!
RxMan911

[quote name='Santurio']OK, I'll make room in a minute. I already have you on my FL I think, so if you see me on send me a message and go to the online lobby and search for HOSTILE CAG. You have to join the SAL KAR nation or you won't be able to join the squad.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ramo, I'll try it tonight-- I was just having too much fun last night customizing my Hound. :) I appreciate the heads up and the admission into the squad.

[quote name='Maximo1324']I cant belive this game is so addictive.[/quote]

I know and it sucks because I want to play Dead Rising but this game just pulls me away from even thinking about swapping discs on my X360. Don't know what I'm gonna do with Saint's Row, TDU, Lego Star Wars II that I have coming within the next few days.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I know and it sucks because I want to play Dead Rising but this game just pulls me away from even thinking about swapping discs on my X360. Don't know what I'm gonna do with Saint's Row, TDU, Lego Star Wars II that I have coming within the next few days.[/QUOTE]

Well just take the day off and play while no one else is playing. I do this but then i see someone from the squad gets on an im like heck yeah stop doing what im doing and play.

[quote name='Maximo1324']Well just take the day off and play while no one else is playing. I do this but then i see someone from the squad gets on an im like heck yeah stop doing what im doing and play.[/quote]

You take days off :shock:? What happened to "DEDICATION"? :D

I know what you mean... I do the same thing too.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I know and it sucks because I want to play Dead Rising but this game just pulls me away from even thinking about swapping discs on my X360. Don't know what I'm gonna do with Saint's Row, TDU, Lego Star Wars II that I have coming within the next few days.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya on that one... the games that I've been playing recently are getting shoved left and right. It's times like this I wish systems had already gone the digital distribution way so that I could hop in between games much more quickly.

My 360 is getting tired from opening and shutting the drive door all the time... I recently borrowed Burnout and COD2, bought Ninety Nine Nights and Madden, and finally got into Chromehounds. If this weren't bad enough, I'm also playing WoW with some coworkers and Guildwars sparingly.

I think I need 36-hour days. This 24-hour thing just isn't working out like it should.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You take days off :shock:? What happened to "DEDICATION"? :D

I know what you mean... I do the same thing too.[/QUOTE]
No Take a day off from work ( real job ) then at night when everyone is on BAMN youre all there blowing stuff up like mad bots.

[quote name='Maximo1324']No Take a day off from work ( real job ) then at night when everyone is on BAMN youre all there blowing stuff up like mad bots.[/QUOTE]

Go freelance like I did. I only work 2 days a week, make just as much as when I was on full time, and get to play an assload of games.

[quote name='darkrage']Go freelance like I did. I only work 2 days a week, make just as much as when I was on full time, and get to play an assload of games.[/quote]

That sounds awesome. What do you do?

[quote name='darkrage']I do motion graphics and video editing. Ussually for commercials and music videos.[/QUOTE]

Sounds fun. I envy you. My job blows. I do tech support I take about 40 calls a day, troubleshoot and teach stupid customers how to use their software. I hate it. Want to go into graphic design but by the time I'm out of work, my brain is fried and I'm too tired to even think about going to school for classes.

I hated graphic design. I switched my studies to "The Arts" and video editing.

[quote name='flybrione']Graphic design happens to be what I do for a living. I like working in marketing and it is a fun job.[/quote]

Was a lot of school work involved? How long have you done it? How are the hours and pay?

(Sorry to hijack this thread guys :D)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Was a lot of school work involved? How long have you done it? How are the hours and pay?

(Sorry to hijack this thread guys :D)[/QUOTE]

About 3 years of schooling but I could always go back and learn some more things. The problem I have is that I am mostly focused on print design and I have some basic web design knowledge. I do brochures, advertisements and trade show booth graphics. I also do direct mail and email campaigns as well to our customers.

I use the following software on the job: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark, Corel Draw, Dreamweaver, Power Point for sales presentations, Adobe Acrobat.

I also have knowledge and schooling of some 3D modeling very hard stuff!! Flash, Shockwave, Video Editing in Adobe Premiere and After Affects.

We outsourced our web site and I make basic HTML changes and updates to the web site. I did the initial design layout for the site but someone else programmed it because I just do not have time to build a site as complicated and knowledge of database programming for our product catalog.

I would like to learn some more java and database programming.
I've taken some flash and shockwave design work too but have never really used it since school and would probably take me some time to get familiar with it again.

I would like to get some more web design schooling but I really do not want to go back to night school and work full time again. I did that for three years.

I've been in the field for about 6 years now. I work full time 8 hours a day but sometimes longer if there is a large project. I am salary employee and I make the average graphic design salary. I rather not say how much I make on the forum but I could talk about it more online when we play chromehounds.

[quote name='flybrione']About 3 years of schooling but I could always go back and learn some more things. The problem I have is that I am mostly focused on print design and I have some basic web design knowledge. I do brochures, advertisements and trade show booth graphics. I also do direct mail and email campaigns as well to our customers.

We outsourced our web site and I make basic HTML changes and updates to the web site. I did the initial design layout for the site but someone else programmed it because I just do not have time to build a site as complicated and knowledge of database programming for our product catalog.

I would like to learn some more java and database programming.
I've taken some flash and shockwave design work too but have never really used it since school and would probably take me some time to get familiar with it again.

I would like to get some more web design schooling but I really do not want to go back to night school and work full time again. I did that for three years.

I've been in the field for about 6 years now. I work full time 8 hours a day but sometimes longer if there is a large project. I am salary employee and I make the average graphic design salary. I rather not say how much I make on the forum but I could talk about it more online when we play chromehounds.[/quote]

Its cool, I actually didnt mean to ask for your salary, meant to ask what the average is. Thanks for the info. I'm thinking about signing up for online courses through The Academy of Art, just need to buy a good PC and some software that they require which is quite costly.

bread's done
Back