ChromeHounds - Gen. Discussion & Info

So the top right window works good enough then? Based on the speed of the game I didn't think crosshairs were a big deal anyway, but I saw a lot of people complain about it.

Also, the game doesn't have v-synching (screen tearing) issues does it? That's my one graphical peeve.

I was planning on passing on Chromehounds, but listening to you guys talk it up has got me pretty pumped to pick it up. I'll have it tomorrow, and hopefully see you guys on in the evening.

[quote name='crowbb']I'd like to join too. I just finished the single player campaign and I am looking to get into the multiplayer somewhat. I joined Tarakia but I can't seem to find HOSTILE CAG in searches. Does a member need to be online for me to find it?[/quote]

One of the squad members has to be online at the time that you search in order for you to find it. Not sure if it has to be the Squad leader Santurio (RamoZ) or any one of us though.

Updated OP with Squad members and additional info.

True. Someone does have to be online to be able to find the squad. I was just onlne fixing a HOUND I erased last night and noticed War #6 ended and War #7 has started.

We are still affiliated with Tarakia so anyone looking to join should still go with that nation.

As far as the crosshairs issue, it doesn't bother me one bit. It does make you work with the aiming to start off but you get adjusted to the different weapons. But changing from the back view to the aiming view isn't very distracting.

[quote name='Brak']Is the customization pretty deep?[/quote]

Its way deep, here's a quote from the game:

Hound customization: No two Hounds need to be alike in this highly customizable world. Choose from millions of options (parts, weapons, accessories, skins, etc) to build the ultimate war machine that can be taken onto the field in both first- and third-person perspectives.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/chromehounds/

This game sounds really awesome by everyone's account (which I trust more than those of reviewers), I'm not going to pick it up right away, but the first time it drops in price - it's mine.

Man, I almost got this today but I waited too long and someone bought the only used copy before I could figure out what else to get with the buy 2 get 1 free coupon. Hopefully, I'll get it by Wednesday and be able to play with everyone.

I'll be on tonight anytime between 8 - 12 ish Central.

We need more squadmates. If you have any interest in this game or genre, I recommend you get it. Rent it if you have to but once you play it you will buy it.

[quote name='Santurio']I'll be on tonight anytime between 8 - 12 ish Central.

We need more squadmates. If you have any interest in this game or genre, you have to get it. Rent it if you have to but once you play it you will buy it.[/quote]

I should be present at that time reporting for duty...SIR!

[quote name='Santurio']I'll be on tonight anytime between 8 - 12 ish Central.

We need more squadmates. If you have any interest in this game or genre, you have to get it. Rent it if you have to but once you play it you will buy it.[/QUOTE]

I'll be on tonite at that time.

[quote name='Elrod']I just bought the game and will be looking to join the squad shortly.[/quote]

Awesome.
We'll be on tonight. If you can log on when we are on, that way you can find the Squad HOSTILE CAG and Santurio (Ramo Z) can accept your "application".

Ill be on tonight as well by 7 CST till i fall asleep. I just cant stop playing this game. Its so addicting. See Ya guys tonight. Sorry about yesterday linkin I got caught up watching a 3 hour police chase.

[quote name='Maximo1324']Ill be on tonight as well by 7 CST till i fall asleep. I just cant stop playing this game. Its so addicting. See Ya guys tonight. Sorry about yesterday linkin I got caught up watching a 3 hour police chase.[/quote]

LOL, its cool. I had to go anyways. I only played one mission after you left and I quit.

I sent out some friend requests to the clan leaders and members today.

I should be online and ready to play this on Wednesday unless something changes.

[quote name='Maximo1324']Ahhh the memories. RIP LINKIN, Toper, SANTURIO, And myself MAXIMO[/quote]

Yup, good times.

So I'm thinking of painting my hound in neon pink so that my squad mates dont think i'm a boss and stop freakin' shooting at me :lol:

Added Swift900 to roster. Welcome aboard.

I got stuck being "Good Husband" last night, so no game time for me. However, I should be on tonight.

Also, I will send out friend requests to everyone in the squad today.

Ohh yeah RIP Swift. JK I think that would work. Thats why mine is Blue and yellow. Swift kept shooting me last night. But that was funny you did look like a boss everyone just turned around and opened fire.

I should be able to play on Wednesday. If anyone is playing Wednesday send me an invite. I am going to try and play a little single player tonight and Wednesday to get a hang of the game and then I'll be ready for battle.

Maximo I would have loved to join the session yesterday but I have yet to even play and I had another scheduled gaming session with a buddy of mine.

I'll be on again today. Probably around the same time. sometime between 8 & 9 Central through about 12 or 1.

This game is seriously fuckin with my sleep schedule.

I had this game since a couple days after release and I barely noticed how deep the colors/decals customization is. Check out my hound:

JOHNNY #07

I had this game since a couple days after release and I barely noticed how deep the colors/decals customization is. My hound has some bullethole decals on it as well that you can't see ont his pic.
Check out my hound:

johnny07id4.jpg

J O H N N Y #07

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I had this game since a couple days after release and I barely noticed how deep the colors/decals customization is. My hound has some bullethole decals on it as well that you can't see ont his pic.
Check out my hound:[/QUOTE]

Looking good, although I'll be sticking with the team colors if it keeps me from getting shot.

On a side note, I think I'm going to switch up my RT from soldier / scout to Sniper or Heavy Gunner. I'll play around with the game and see which I like better once I get home this afternoon.

I'm looking forward to playing with you guys later tonight, hopefully the servers don't give us too much of a hastle.

the servers did ruin the fun a little last night. but it was still hella fun.

The AI is getting stupid tuff. We have to come up with some other strategy.

I was also thinking of changing the affiliated nation. I was thinking Sal Kar since I haven't tried them and wanted to see their weapons but if any Squad members have a preferance just let me know. So as soon as this current war is over we can change over.

[quote name='Santurio']the servers did ruin the fun a little last night. but it was still hella fun.

The AI is getting stupid tuff. We have to come up with some other strategy.

I was also thinking of changing the affiliated nation. I was thinking Sal Kar since I haven't tried them and wanted to see their weapons but if any Squad members have a preferance just let me know. So as soon as this current war is over we can change over.[/QUOTE]

I'm down for a change over...I'd like to see some other countrie's weapons, as well.

Are we all on for tonight? I can change my plans to include Chromehounds after dinner up till bedtime. What time is everyone going to be on...seriously ;)

I got a study group at 6pm, so I won't be able to get on until around 9pm PST. I might be able to squeeze off a couple of missions between 4-5pm PST, if people are on during that time.

I have dinner plans as well. I will definitely be on I just don't know what time. Probably about the same as yesterday.

So is everybody on board with changing nations?? If so any new recruits will have to join that specific nation to be able to apply for the squad. Then this eveing I will change over to Sal Kar for at least one season and then we will try out Morkoj.

I want to kill this "thing" though!! I hear each nation has one but I have never seen either.

[quote name='toper']Let's do a 3 season rotation for each nation (so we get the 3 season medals). :)[/QUOTE]
do they give you an additional medal after you've gotten the first one?

[quote name='Santurio']do they give you an additional medal after you've gotten the first one?[/quote]

Don't think so. I'm up for changing Nations. I also want to see other weapons.

flybrione said he was going to join up today. flybrione If you're reading this message, check with one of us on XBL tonight first before you change Nations.

I'm down with switching nations.

I'm going to be headed to the gym here in an hour or two so I'll be on Live when I get back and finish eating dinner... probubly from 8:00 PM (est) until I go to sleep.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Don't think so. I'm up for changing Nations. I also want to see other weapons.

flybrione said he was going to join up today. flybrione If you're reading this message, check with one of us on XBL tonight first before you change Nations.[/QUOTE]

When I get home from work I am going to try out single player and if I see anyone online I will send them a message on what nation I should join. See you guys online.

Got the game yesterday. Did you guys switch nations..?

Trying to get the mech building down, too.

[quote name='Brak']Got the game yesterday. Did you guys switch nations..?

Trying to get the mech building down, too.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, Brak. We have not yet switched nations - waiting for the current war to finish up.

I've had the game for a few days now and am still having a hard time finding a mech config that I'm comfortable with... although thats one of the game's biggest draws.

Look forward to rolling out with you and the rest of HOSTILE CAG later on this evening.

[quote name='Brak']Got the game yesterday. Did you guys switch nations..?

Trying to get the mech building down, too.[/quote]

It will take you a while to get it down. I've fought a few battles and I still end up tweaking my mech at the end of the day. Its just trial and error, but its fun as hell.

[quote name='Santurio']I want to kill this "thing" though!! I hear each nation has one but I have never seen either.[/quote]

I don't think thats in game, it looks like an FMV or CGI or whatever you call it now a days. It would be pretty cool to fight that tin can though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome games tonight guys. We kicked some shiny metal ass!

Added flybrione AKA BigMes to the roster, welcome aboard.[/QUOTE]

Got to play a little more single player to get so more parts for my Hound.
I also have to take the time to reconfigure it and get some better equipment on it.

Finally, I kind of get the drift of what we were trying to accomplish yesterday evening but what are the main goals of the online missions?

Capture Comminications and Destroy the HQ?

Also is there only the group of us together online playing.
Do we have any AI on our side or is it our group against the AI only?

yeah there is some of our AI there. Thell shoot the enemy as they come in. I have played in about a handfull of matchs with actuall people. Nedless to say they got owned. It was pretty cool. But yes you capture the HQ well destry it, or you can fight all of the bosses on that level.

Got this up a couple days ago, and I should finally have time to actually play it tonight. I'd be happy to join up if you need some cannon fodder. :)

bread's done
Back