Chrono Cross $19.99 @ FYE.com($10 + shipping w/GCO)

Chrono Cross(listed as IN STOCK when I checked):

http://www.fye.com/Chrono-Cross--PS--Playstation_stcVVproductId1927748VVcatId476485VVviewprod.htm

There was also a listing for FF Origins which ALSO was listed as IN STOCK when I wrote this.

Also, on the SAME page as those 2 games were some pennied out items listed(ALL OOS AS OF THIS WRITING). They included a PSone LCD screen and several other PS1 era items.

Good luck on getting in on this deal, as who knows HOW long FYE will have CC+FFO IN STOCK online.

MMMM Chrono Cross is freaking great! This is a great deal for a really great rpg folks. Of course I still love Chrono Trigger the best though. I'd buy it but of course I already picked this up full price long ago.

Eh. I guess it's a pretty good deal if you're down for bastard children.

Didn't nearly live up to the hallowed marks of Chrono Trigger.

A couple other places you can buy Chrono Cross online:

Wal-Mart (14.82+SH)

GameExpress (16.99+SH)

GameExpress has probably the largest selection of PS1 titles they claim are "in stock" that I've found anywhere online. Unfortunatly, their shipping charges can get a little pricey, IMHO.

I actually got my copy of Chrono Cross ordered from Wal-Mart a year or so ago.

Yeah, it seems that Square has recently reprinted or finished distributing some of their PSOne games: Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy Anthology, Final Fantasy Chronicles, and Final Fantasy Origins

I figured I'd post this since I always see people asking where to buy this game or that for PS1, but didn't even realize that Wal*Mart actually has it on their site for under this price.

Ahhhh...summer of 2000 that hailed the release of Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross within a 3-month stretch.

I wonder if these are non-GH editions?

I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe I should just get one from walmart.com and then return it if it is...

EDIT: Interesting, I can order the game at walmart.com for site-to-store w/ free shipping. And they also have FF IX, Chronicles, and Anthology. I don't think I can resist trying them.

[quote name='Sku Rhim']I wonder if these are non-GH editions?[/quote]

[quote name='fairtrade']I'm wondering the same thing. Maybe I should just get one from walmart.com and then return it if it is...

EDIT: Interesting, I can order the game at walmart.com for site-to-store w/ free shipping. And they also have FF IX, Chronicles, and Anthology. I don't think I can resist trying them.[/quote]

when i bought metal gear solid 2 for the xbox it was the non GH/PH/PY im gonna order anthology and cronicles

I'd imagine it would be a lot easier to find non-PHs for XBox than it would be to find non-GHs for PS1.

To hell with it, though, ordered all 4, maybe at least 1 will be a non-GH. If not then back to the B&M they go.

[quote name='bobthecat23']when i bought metal gear solid 2 for the xbox it was the non GH/PH/PY im gonna order anthology and cronicles[/quote]

[quote name='bobthecat23']when i bought metal gear solid 2 for the xbox it was the non GH/PH/PY im gonna order anthology and cronicles[/QUOTE]

There isn't a PH version of MGS 2 Substance for the Xbox, fyi.

Amazon.com has Chronicles, Anthology, Origins, Chrono Cross, and much more available for prices as cheap or cheaper than Wal-Mart. Plus free shipping.

Has been this way for quite a while. I am pretty sure you'd get GH since these have to be reprints that continue to be put out.

Too bad they haven't reprinted FFVII in the same way. They have FFVIII and FFIX but no VII. :(

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Amazon.com has Chronicles, Anthology, Origins, Chrono Cross, and much more available for prices as cheap or cheaper than Wal-Mart. Plus free shipping.

Has been this way for quite a while. I am pretty sure you'd get GH since these have to be reprints that continue to be put out.

Too bad they haven't reprinted FFVII in the same way. They have FFVIII and FFIX but no VII. :([/quote]

Well, if you're talking about FFVII GH, they've been lying on store shelves for YEARS and no one was buying them. Then around FFVII AC time, they started disappearing. Either it was a coincidence or people were buying them due to AC.

If you're talking about a non-GH reprint, I doubt they'd ever do that. You can always buy one of those copies on eBay that go for a few hundred. :whistle2:#

^^^
Well damn... where exactly do you live? I have never found a single FFVII game (even GH) since 2003. I'm surprised the game could even be lying around in store shelves in your area for that long. Considering how retail stores handle their games when they are outdated. And you say they lasted until FFVII AC came out?.... that's crazy.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Well, if you're talking about FFVII GH, they've been lying on store shelves for YEARS and no one was buying them. Then around FFVII AC time, they started disappearing. Either it was a coincidence or people were buying them due to AC.

If you're talking about a non-GH reprint, I doubt they'd ever do that. You can always buy one of those copies on eBay that go for a few hundred. :whistle2:#[/quote]

I'm talking about ANY FFVII...even the GH version is now worth over $50. It's nuts.

It's just strange that Square hasn't reprinted the GH or released a "new" GH just because the game is so well loved and it will still make easy money (I'd buy it because of my newfound interest in PS1 due to the BC in PS3).

Anyhoo...I digress. :cool:

Just traded my Castlevania: DoS (Konami's Best) to get this game (discs only). I hope it lives up to the Chrono name! Are there any of the characters from Chrono Trigger in it?

el oh el. Totally not worth it.

[quote name='dalaamprince']Just traded my Castlevania: DoS (Konami's Best) to get this game (discs only). I hope it lives up to the Chrono name! Are there any of the characters from Chrono Trigger in it?

el oh el. Totally not worth it.[/quote]

it is a horrible fiasco of the Trigger name. I apologize ahead of time for your trade.

I thought Chrono Trigger was great, but I didn't really like Chrono Cross. I think I got about half way through the game and I just lost interest and couldn't continue.

[quote name='hohez']it is a horrible fiasco of the Trigger name. I apologize ahead of time for your trade.[/quote]

Well I based the trade on this. I already have Portrait of Ruin for DS, so I don't mind trading away my older model, $5 uglycover Castlevania game for a game rated a 10 on the game review site I trust the most.

the reason why FFVII hasnt been reprinted is because Sony published that and not square.

As for Chrono Cross, the version to play is the GH version as that version has an extra song.

[quote name='dalaamprince']Well I based the trade on this. I already have Portrait of Ruin for DS, so I don't mind trading away my older model, $5 uglycover Castlevania game for a game rated a 10 on the game review site I trust the most.[/QUOTE]

I must say that Chrono Cross is one of my favorite games for the PS; but it didn't deserve a 10. There were some pacing issues, and on the whole it was a little too easy. It is a solid RPG with some excellent and at times hilarious dialogue.

[quote name='fairtrade']To hell with it, though, ordered all 4, maybe at least 1 will be a non-GH. If not then back to the B&M they go.[/quote]Hate to say it but you're really wasting your time.

I played it all the way through. I'd say its surely worth it. It has some great environments and fun puzzles. Its final boss is interesting, but if you've ever played the battery powered puzzle game "Simon", you should be able to win ;)

I realized that after placing the order. Probably not worth trying to cancel, I may still try though. I wasn't thinking about all the GH copies of these games I'd seen sitting around in various WM B&Ms that suddenly disappeared at one point.

An extra song in the GH version of Chrono? Meh. Maybe I'll keep that one.

[quote name='cranguy']Hate to say it but you're really wasting your time.[/quote]

[quote name='Spangank']^^^
Well damn... where exactly do you live? I have never found a single FFVII game (even GH) since 2003. I'm surprised the game could even be lying around in store shelves in your area for that long. Considering how retail stores handle their games when they are outdated. And you say they lasted until FFVII AC came out?.... that's crazy.[/quote]

Yeah, I always saw copies at stores like BB, CC, and Target up until about 2 years ago (OK, so maybe not quite AC time but AC was definitely announced by then so the FFVII craze was building back up). It's not like there were tons of copies lying around but there were 1 or 2 at these stores. This was in NJ, central and north, so it's not like these were boondock areas.

But if you guys look on eBay, there are plenty of FFVII GH copies for about MSRP ($19.99)... at least when I looked around last year or so. I mean, it's not a killer price that most CAGs go for but it's there for those of you who really want one...

[quote name='Mugen Power']But if you guys look on eBay, there are plenty of FFVII GH copies for about MSRP ($19.99)... at least when I looked around last year or so. I mean, it's not a killer price that most CAGs go for but it's there for those of you who really want one...[/quote]
Er...you are a little out of the loop bro. A sealed GH copy goes for $90 while a mint goes for $45 or more. Sealed black labels go in the hundreds (as much as $400).

[quote name='Kendro']Er...you are a little out of the loop bro. A sealed GH copy goes for $90 while a mint goes for $45 or more. Sealed black labels go in the hundreds (as much as $400).[/quote]

Well, if you read what I said, that was about a year or so ago. And I'm aware of how much sealed original copies go for, as stated in an even earlier post.

There were PLENTY of sealed GH copies on eBay that were being sold for $19.99 and no one bit on these deals. It must've all changed once AC came out.

[quote name='Sku Rhim']I must say that Chrono Cross is one of my favorite games for the PS; but it didn't deserve a 10. There were some pacing issues, and on the whole it was a little too easy. It is a solid RPG with some excellent and at times hilarious dialogue.[/quote]
Love the game myself, and already own it. But, I would love to buy it for XBLA, even at 1200 points if needed... ;)

Alot of the game is well done, but I just cant play it because of the awful battle system. I got it for $6.99 brand new at Blockbuster... my copy is non-greatest hits... :D

[quote name='Rozz']Alot of the game is well done, but I just cant play it because of the awful battle system. I got it for $6.99 brand new at Blockbuster... my copy is non-greatest hits... :D[/quote]
Actually, I loved the battle system...

Not much a player of RPGs though, so it might be worse than most and I wouldn't realize it. ;)

bread's done
Back