Chrono Cross $9.99, reputable site?

Xenogears

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Chrono Cross, a great PS1 RPG is $9.99 from tower records. Their game site is Tower games, here. http://www.tower.com/games/other-systems/details/chrono-cross-other-systems-110531973

Doesnt say anything about being greatest hits version, and the pic doesnt have the ugly green greatest hits markings. If this is the original version for $9.99, great deal. However, BEWARE. I did a check on this site, and it got very low reliability ratings. I would figure tower records is a big enough name, but buy at your own risk.

What a perfect time to be broke, I've wanted this game for awhile. Hopefully the price holds.

I keep getting up to a certain part in this game and forgetting about it! O_O Time to finish it! I got it from Amazon a while back and yes it's a GH btw.

Man, I love this game. Remembered a time when I played a 12 hour run . Sucks, they don't make rpgs such as these anymore.

Although I don't like this game nearly as much as Chrono Trigger, this may be the greatest game soundtrack ever and is worth playing for that reason alone. All hail Yasunori Mitsuda!

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to play this again at some point, but the last time I tried to run it on my PS3 it obviously hadn't aged well.

It really is an amazing game. In my Top 10 favorites ever for sure. No, it's not the direct sequel to Chrono Trigger you'd expect, but that doesn't make it any less an incredible game. I'd give it a 10/10 easy, didn't have one single problem with it... other than a soul-crushing boss that made me give up on the game for half a year. Anyone who's played it probably knows who I'm talking about...

When people still bought CD's (suckers!), Tower Records was a big name in retailing. Now, I imagine they operate out of a garage.

[quote name='rpnguyen']most likely a GH, and why do you have the PS2 icon for PS1 game[/QUOTE]

Yeah probably GH, but tower records does so little business now that it is a better possibility than Non-GH from amazon. Worth a try, but if you dont care better off with amazon for sure.

As far as i can tell there is no PS1 tag icon, so i used what i felt was the second most applicable. The PS2 icon. If there is a PS1 icon, feel free to tell me where

I remember really liking the combat system of this game when I played through it upon release, but now 10 or so years later I honestly can't remember a damn thing about it except it was turn based and had something to do with different color characters. I just remember it being the last attempt at a "new" JRPG combat system that I actually really liked.

bread's done
Back